• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I feel like we waste so much time not being very helpful and referring everyone to the AWFUL search bar because it honestly really sucks. And when you finally find something its from 2001. When it takes 10 seconds to type it out or say oh heres the thread for that info. Just my .02.

I went back and didn't find anything specific so I'll address your complaint in a general sense. This site is a very unique resource because of the members here, who include everyone from applicants to recruiters and quite a few professional Naval Officers and Aviators. While some members are able to provide answers to many questions there remains a considerable amount of info that can't be shared because folks don't have the answer or can't give the answer because it is protected or sensitive info. There is also a lot of information someone interested in joining the military ought to be able to find out on their own, especially when you want to join as an officer. Personal responsibility and initiative are two of the many things that the military is looking for in an officer and the screening process begins when you first contact an officer recruiter.

The site certainly isn't perfect by any means so the complaints about the search request will be looked at, perhaps some improvements can be made but no promises. In the meantime asking reasonable and respectful questions is always welcome on the site. Be very aware though that many members here are serving, former or retired officers with many years of experience so if they tell you that it isn't an appropriate question, to search the site or the internet, or give you an answer you aren't happy about don't get an attitude, it is a very quick way to find yourself without any answers and in the penalty box here.

In the meantime be patient and you'll get an answer to the complaints about the search sooner or later.

SWOMan

lets hope this is the week to get some big news. Picked up a part time job at a retail company going out of business to help oversee the clearance last month. Turns out that we are doing so well they have decided to ramp up our closing day from late august to late July. Finding out a date would put my mind at ease at the very least. Hope everyone else's workout routines are going well. Starting to hit 4 miles consistently, as well as having crossfit style circuit training 4-5 days a week. Possibly the best shape I've ever been in. Anyone else here have any challenging workout routines?

Andrew3376

lets hope this is the week to get some big news. Picked up a part time job at a retail company going out of business to help oversee the clearance last month. Turns out that we are doing so well they have decided to ramp up our closing day from late august to late July. Finding out a date would put my mind at ease at the very least. Hope everyone else's workout routines are going well. Starting to hit 4 miles consistently, as well as having crossfit style circuit training 4-5 days a week. Possibly the best shape I've ever been in. Anyone else here have any challenging workout routines?
What I've found that really helps on my weight training days is doing high volume and super sets for every exercise with 20-40 seconds rest between sets. I'm seeing great results from this.

SWOMan

What I've found that really helps on my weight training days is doing high volume and super sets for every exercise with 20-40 seconds rest between sets. I'm seeing great results from this.
see I used to do that. It was really hard for me as a traditional bodybuilder and powerlifter to break the indoctrination of weightlifting style workouts. Sad reality.... I don't think the weight lifting is gonna be that beneficial to your OCS success, and might actually hurt you going in. It was a huge uphill battle moving to circuit style training. I still do 1 major core lift ( which have gone down hill significantly with all the weight loss) then a 15-30 minute training session. Example for today:
5x5 traditional back squat superset with bent over rows
Circuit:
check in half mile run
4 circuits of :
15 pullups,
30 body squats
40 pushups
40 situps
checkout half mile run.

It will really get you ready for the endurance training they will put you through

Andrew3376

see I used to do that. It was really hard for me as a traditional bodybuilder and powerlifter to break the indoctrination of weightlifting style workouts. Sad reality.... I don't think the weight lifting is gonna be that beneficial to your OCS success, and might actually hurt you going in. It was a huge uphill battle moving to circuit style training. I still do 1 major core lift ( which have gone down hill significantly with all the weight loss) then a 15-30 minute training session. Example for today:
5x5 traditional back squat superset with bent over rows
Circuit:
check in half mile run
4 circuits of :
15 pullups,
30 body squats
40 pushups
40 situps
checkout half mile run.

It will really get you ready for the endurance training they will put you through
I know exactly what you mean, I played football my first two years of college so weight training has always been a huge part of my life. I couldn't give it up completely, but I have now cut it down to 30-45 minutes of weight training (the super-sets help me cut it down). After weight training I go outside the gym and work on body weight exercises and conditioning. However, as I get closer to OCS, I will ramp up the running and conditioning to 11 and pretty much phase out weight training. I'm already expecting a total loss of my "gains", but like you said...it's a sad reality lol

SWOMan

RIP gains. I cut down from 260 and realized that i'll never never get to truly bulk again..... but I am down to like 217 right now.... I figure If I get to 200.... I can do a " bulk " from 200 - 230 then back down again haha. I was passing the fitness and tape test at 250, but for Pilot 235 is the max weight allowed.

Andrew3376

Wow man that's awesome you were able to cut down that much! I've been thinking Navy for quite some time now so I haven't done a bulk in about 2 years, just trying to stay lean and agile. I don't even think I can bulk of I wanted to, the diet for that would have me asleep all day lol

SWOMan

I'm lean right now.... but i'm losing a lot of size too. If I don't have amazing abs by 200 I know it was never meant to be haha

SWOMan

even beer won't keep you from that. Just adjust your macros. I drop some unnecessary food carbs and replace them with 1-2 IPA's instead. gotta make sacrifices hahaha. I'm seeing rib cages, inserts and cuts, heck even the glutes are getting shredded..... but abs are the last to go on my body. Damn winter born viking genetics

Andrew3376

Yes, yes...the old "if it fits your macros" diet. I was spot on with my dieting until I got married to a woman who can cook like a goddess lol. Gotta get back on the meal prep days.

Are you doing weighted ab exercises? I've found best results in that.