• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

gsalg

So instead of you using the search bar, youre saying that someone else should do it for you. The time that it took for you to type all that was more than enough time to find the answers you're looking for.

Not at all, I'm saying if you already have the information in your head just help someone out not be a dick about it. Thats the point of this site isn't it? I understand letting new people know on very simple questions. It's not like I ever ask a question I haven't looked for. It was just an observation. But theres the attitude I am talking about, you are just proving my point.

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I feel like we waste so much time not being very helpful and referring everyone to the AWFUL search bar because it honestly really sucks. And when you finally find something its from 2001. When it takes 10 seconds to type it out or say oh heres the thread for that info. Just my .02.

You're gonna do JUST WELL as a Commissioned Officer...

gsalg

You're gonna do JUST WELL as a Commissioned Officer...

This is exactly my point, just why? Why is it ok to waste your time saying something like that that will lead to more wasted time by someone getting butt hurt and arguing. But its not ok to take a little more time to help a future shipmate thats lost?

KORhc

This is exactly my point, just why? Why is it ok to waste your time saying something like that that will lead to more wasted time by someone getting butt hurt and arguing. But its not ok to take a little more time to help a future shipmate thats lost?
:/ .....dude just stop. Only advice I can give you is to just shutup and listen. Youll be shooting yourself in the foot if youre going to try and argue in this forum.

Lesh

pilot

Enabling laziness accomplishes nothing, especially in this case when there's a whole freaking subforum dedicated to what the guy was asking for.

SWOMan

this is an easy one to answer. The needs of a few will never outweigh those of the many

gsalg

:/ .....dude just stop. Only advice I can give you is to just shutup and listen. Youll be shooting yourself in the foot if youre going to try and argue in this forum.

I'm going to leave it at this. I've gotten multiple messages from people saying they feel the exact same way. So that tells me they just don't speak up.

Exaggerating my point it's like being a new co pilot in an airline and not being able to tell the left seater he's doing something unsafe because the advice you got is to "shut up and listen", and because of your fear everyone dies, its happened so many times.

I've never even been in the situation I am arguing against. I just don't think its an officer-like to treat shipmates like that. I get you want to develop the individual but no one likes dicks. You are not being a leader at all. not a good one anyways. You are just being a dick and a bully, and only the dicks and bullies like you. Its like middle school in the adult world. Why are you so angry? lol

Ok I'm done ranting, God bless y'all

Lesh

pilot
I'm going to leave it at this. I've gotten multiple messages from people saying they feel the exact same way. So that tells me they just don't speak up.

Sounds like we need a Safe Space on this forum.

Exaggerating my point it's like being a new co pilot in an airline and not being able to tell the left seater he's doing something unsafe because the advice you got is to "shut up and listen", and because of your fear everyone dies, its happened so many times.

Well that's a crap comparison even if exaggerated. The questions that warrant sarcastic responses are more like the new co-pilot asking how to start his plane's engines or "HOW I BECOME NAVY PILOT?" or "ARE MY EYES GUD ENUF FOR NAVY PILOT? ". These are answers to questions that with just a little bit of diligence and effort can be so easily found.

I've never even been in the situation I am arguing against. I just don't think its an officer-like to treat shipmates like that. I get you want to develop the individual but no one likes dicks. You are not being a leader at all. not a good one anyways. You are just being a dick and a bully, and only the dicks and bullies like you. Its like middle school in the adult world. Why are you so angry? lol

Ruffio, stop being such a bully!

ab187

Not sure how well known this is, but if you go to Google and type in “search phrase site:airwarriors.com” it will bring up a comprehensive list of results that are easy to sort through. For example, if you go and type in:

ocs dates site:airwarriors.com

It will bring up 1,830 relevant results. "site:" is a Google search operator that restricts a search to a defined website. I’ve found it to be the easiest way to canvass Airwarriors for information.

Igloojam

pilot
So instead of you using the search bar, youre saying that someone else should do it for you. The time that it took for you to type all that was more than enough time to find the answers you're looking for.

I'm going to defend GSalg and say the search feature is not very effective... Actually it isn't very good at all. It can't handle queries that generate too many hits. Queries have to be very specific because the literal nature of the search feature. I often find myself using google to search the airwarriors website for me. Also too... when you find something it is often very out of date.

Last edited:

Igloojam

pilot
Not sure how well known this is, but if you go to Google and type in “search phrase site:airwarriors.com” it will bring up a comprehensive list of results that are easy to sort through. For example, if you go and type in:

ocs dates site:airwarriors.com

It will bring up 1,830 relevant results. "site:" is a Google search operator that restricts a search to a defined website. I’ve found it to be the easiest way to canvass Airwarriors for information.

THIS THIS AND THIS... Testament that search function is a little funky. Nice to see it's another Texas A&M Grad figure this out ;-)

Igloojam

pilot

No... He's saying the search bar sucks, and people constantly throw the line "did you search it". Now, yes there are some turds that don't. However, he's obviously used the search bar, like myself and countless others, and has found it very often doesn't generate results. Hence why myself and guys like @ab187 use google domain search. I love the site but the search feature is unsat.

Oh and also. @Lesh... easy man. Best guess is you're a millennial too.

Igloojam

pilot
Has anyone addressed the search concerns with the site administrators?

BT

@webmaster @Brett327 @Flash

Excellent point. My guess is most people don't know who those individuals are. I however opted not to for the following reasons. 1) Because the search feature is proprietary to the forum hosting (best guess). 2) I solved the issue myself using the google domain search

That being said, since this site is free, sending complaints up the "chain" probably isn't appreciated. If the mods are looking for donations however to upgrade the site, I'd be fully willing to throw down. Lots of great info here even if it can be a feat to find.