• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

goldmanharry91

Been in since feb. Parents are getting antsy....starting to think I'm faking it and just Wana live at home haha

Bro, I've been unemployed since December. My parent's are driving me INSANE. Since early March I've been going through a TS for a different job (that I won't ever start because of the Navy) but now this means more waiting. The "I'm preparing and training for OCS" only goes so far.

Just over a month down since the April Board. Hopefully a class date sooner rather than later.

goldmanharry91

I'm gonna start a comedy blog on here about my experience working in retail until I ship. Not sure if I should start a new thread, or just post in here lol. So much funny shit has happened already. Too tired to write it now though. ...for all you crossfit people I finished my murph workout (no vest) 32 minutes 45 seconds

Nice Murph time. Do it with a vest next time. I passed to save my hands and legs the torture of ruining my training cycle with 5 weeks to go.

SWOMan

Nice Murph time. Do it with a vest next time. I passed to save my hands and legs the torture of ruining my training cycle with 5 weeks to go.
yeah.... understood this statement this morning. Woke up and realized there was no way i was gonna be running.... or doing any sort of training. I miss bodybuilding.... I miss using preworkout when wiped out as well.

goldmanharry91

yeah.... understood this statement this morning. Woke up and realized there was no way i was gonna be running.... or doing any sort of training. I miss bodybuilding.... I miss using preworkout when wiped out as well.

I do Olympic Lifting and General strength training, haven't done any CrossFit in like a year or so. Just gonna keep training this way till I go. WIth some running added of course.

SWOMan

I do Olympic Lifting and General strength training, haven't done any CrossFit in like a year or so. Just gonna keep training this way till I go. WIth some running added of course.
I do my running at 530 am to simulate real ocs life style. I actually gave up power lifting.... i do squats, but no more deadlifts. I do a lot more circuit training/ metcon work. Mostly because it represents what a real ocs workout is gonna be like once we get into the sand pit.

KORhc

Getting a hernia or anything before I leave would be a nightmare. That's why I'm a lot more cautious when I weightlift. Had a scare last week with a tweaked lower back.

tigerz

I haven't seen many SWO posters recently so I figured I would post what I know.

I got in the Dec '15 SWO Board but I've known for a while (2-3 months) that I'm "tentatively" scheduled for July 31st. Still no FINSEL yet, but I'll post again when I get the news.

TravisH

Navy2017
I've been looking and haven't seen anything yet, but are there any horror stories of people getting a Pro-Rec Y and never getting a FINSEL? I mean assuming the applicant doesn't get arrested, or fails out of college, or something like that.

VWXThrasher378

I've been looking and haven't seen anything yet, but are there any horror stories of people getting a Pro-Rec Y and never getting a FINSEL? I mean assuming the applicant doesn't get arrested, or fails out of college, or something like that.

I've gotten the same feedback from my OR. DUIs, arrests, and other related matters result in not rec'ving a FINSEL. He also mentioned not to "change" anything about myself ie tattoos, piercings, and brands. I can also surmise that intentionally or unintentionally omitting information on your application and getting caught would complicate things, but no evidence to support this thought.

Been trying to research if other cases exist as well, but I've come up empty handed too (which is slightly comforting). ONly thing I've found is kids who receive their FINSEL super late for inexplicable reasons.

However, if I've learned anything throughout this process is this: anything can happen and often times you are not given the luxury of an explanation. Kinda sucks, but they don't call it purgatory for nothing.

Noah G. Smith

So I just heard from my recruiter a few minutes ago. I got super excited and was expecting to get a date, but he was just checking in. It is still a good thing because he NEVER calls me usually. He said he expects to hear a FINSEL by the end of the month! FYI, I was selected in Feb SNA board

gsalg

I have been trying to see how this all works. I applied for the July 18 board, but I don't graduate till December so id have to wait 5 months anyways to send in my transcripts. Would that help me at all in getting an earlier date right after I graduate or would I have to wait whatever the average wait is at that time? Like if i get pro Y now in July come December when i graduate would I have to wait the same amount of time lets say a guy that gets Pro Y in December, or does being in the July board help me get ahead of them?