• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Igloojam

pilot
Have any of you been waiting especially long? I got a Pro-Y for SWO at the December board, am tentatively slated for the 21-Aug class, but my final select letter still hasn't come in. My OR says she doesn't know why, but is hoping that it will come this month. I'm getting kinda worried about why it's being held up.

Bro.. 2 months before your OCS date is when you'll get it... So if you think it's August... Then expect Around June 21st..

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Have any of you been waiting especially long? I got a Pro-Y for SWO at the December board, am tentatively slated for the 21-Aug class, but my final select letter still hasn't come in. My OR says she doesn't know why, but is hoping that it will come this month. I'm getting kinda worried about why it's being held up.

Welcome to the Navy...where you hurry up a lot and wait even more.

SWOMan

Welcome to the Navy...where you hurry up a lot and wait even more.
when did/ do they start recruiting to fill next fiscal year ocs dates? if you were at a board for this fiscal year like he does, does he have to ship out by August/ September at the latest? Or could he end up at an ocs class in december?

exNavyOffRec

when did/ do they start recruiting to fill next fiscal year ocs dates? if you were at a board for this fiscal year like he does, does he have to ship out by August/ September at the latest? Or could he end up at an ocs class in december?

rough guideline, people that go to OCS up to an including June would be the current FY, those that go in July would by FY 17, another rough guideline is the boards up to April select current FY and April and beyond select next FY.

AKoenig

Checking in, was pro-rec for the December SNA board and received a verbal date of July. Still waiting on finsel. It's nice to see a few others are in the same boat.

Igloojam

pilot
Checking in, was pro-rec for the December SNA board and received a verbal date of July. Still waiting on finsel. It's nice to see a few others are in the same boat.

every one take notice... He recieved his finsel 2 months prior to OCS date

micowen

DeeeeeeeeeeCENT!!!
Has anyone who just graduated submitted their final transcripts yet? If so have you heard anything about a tentatively slated date for OCS?

SWOMan

purgatory looks like it's here to stay. Got an update today saying that because July was full, I'm looking at August- Oct. Here is to hoping for August. Any idea on what I should do for the summer besides run and study?

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
purgatory looks like it's here to stay. Got an update today saying that because July was full, I'm looking at August- Oct. Here is to hoping for August. Any idea on what I should do for the summer besides run and study?
@SWOMan That's really surprising to hear. Probably the SWO community health is looking good so NRC must be taking their time to assigning bullets. There's another individual, prior service, who isn't being commissioned till October since the Meterology designator billets are 'healthy'.

SWOMan

@SWOMan That's really surprising to hear. Probably the SWO community health is looking good so NRC must be taking their time to assigning bullets. There's another individual, prior service, who isn't being commissioned till October since the Meterology designator billets are 'healthy'.
lol despite my name, i ended up deciding to go pilot after I was selected. The pipeline is full.... but they keep on having a healthy selection rate. May board just met, and they already have one scheduled for July. Now I have to actually go look for work again. The tricky part is, a few jobs have contacted me out of state.... but I was told I need to be available to get back to my recruiting district. Guess it's a bartender/ waiters life for me!

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
lol despite my name, i ended up deciding to go pilot after I was selected. The pipeline is full.... but they keep on having a healthy selection rate. May board just met, and they already have one scheduled for July. Now I have to actually go look for work again. The tricky part is, a few jobs have contacted me out of state.... but I was told I need to be available to get back to my recruiting district. Guess it's a bartender/ waiters life for me!
That's great to hear (switching over to flight). Hopefully your documents come in soon.