• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Noah G. Smith

purgatory looks like it's here to stay. Got an update today saying that because July was full, I'm looking at August- Oct. Here is to hoping for August. Any idea on what I should do for the summer besides run and study?
Who told you July was already full or do you just think it is since you should've heard something by now if it wasn't.

SWOMan

If you have been selected for July you are going in July. I was told that because of class quotas are full for July, I am probably going in August- OCT. I'm hoping that some how I still get in for July. Crazier things have happened in the Military, and no one seems to have gotten their select letters for that time period yet.

Crippy011

You live by the gouge, you die by the gouge
If you have been selected for July you are going in July. I was told that because of class quotas are full for July, I am probably going in August- OCT. I'm hoping that some how I still get in for July. Crazier things have happened in the Military, and no one seems to have gotten their select letters for that time period yet.
I hear ya, it took a little over 4 months for me to receive mine but then again, i'm in the IW community.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

exNavyOffRec

@SWOMan That's really surprising to hear. Probably the SWO community health is looking good so NRC must be taking their time to assigning bullets. There's another individual, prior service, who isn't being commissioned till October since the Meterology designator billets are 'healthy'.

Oceano only takes 1 or 2 per year, so it is not uncommon to see a delay in tiny designators.

AKoenig

you did... you got july correct? and you found out in May? thats about 2 months prior to when you would leave...

I got my finsel in April and I leave in June.

Okay gotcha, this he's a she so I didn't know if you were to referring to what someone said earlier in the post, thanks for clarifying. Yes, I did find out in May that I have a tentative date for July but haven't gotten my finsel yet, my processor said I was still waiting on one more signature.

TravisH

Navy2017
Was selected in the May board... Still haven't heard anything with regards to the FINSEL. I graduated May 7th so that may have something to do with it. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same position I am

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Knew this would happen. I'm proud you fought through adversity. Congrats hopeful.... its been a long road for both of us.

Thanks dude! Yeah the wait is going to be long but on the bright side it gives me more time to get in shape. Plus I've resigned myself to being in Newport in the winter already haha.