• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Signup15

Congrats to all of you. One thing I was not told before going to OCS is to Study Appendix B front to back prior to getting there. Any major inspection or test you fail in OCS can cost you and extra three weeks there. Much of those inspections are are seemingly subjective... ie. if they feel like it, they can fail you. one way to get around that is to study Appendix B thoroughly before getting to OCS. And get it shape fast. Fail any PT test at any point in OCS will earn you an additional three weeks in hell. some people get up to 12 additional weeks to months upon months for this.

Signup15

this is a good guide. <
First off. be able to meet the navy's physical standards.
I kid you not. memorize Appendix B verbatim. you may think it impossible but you will do it the hard way if need be.
Your first major event will be your initial PT test. if you fail that, you will be set back a mandatory three weeks in a holding class (hell where its 24/7 boot camp)
Plan on being much weaker than you normally are because that first few days before the test, you will be doing medical and a lot of sitting around Indian style on the deck. Food will be sandwich with water for a little bit.
in addition to the appendix, there may be some unit specific ditties and chants you will have to learn word for word.
Use the first week to learn the OCS way of things prior to meeting with your drill instructors.
there are some uniform inspections and room inspections that need to be taken seriously. fail them and you will be there an additional 3 weeks. Fail an exam twice and the same can happen.
Cool thing about OCS, you will have the chance to interact will senior classes who will give you tips and secrets to succeed. OCS changes quit often so my experience may be a lil different from yours.
If you are good with Appendix B and you are in shape, there is a high chance you will graduate on time and not have to spend extra months there.
Also... DO NOT quit OCS. Think about the people who wished to be selected and weren't because of quotas. The staff are awesome at the end.
TIP... In the beginning, volunteer for class billets/jobs (President/VP ect.) Do not run for Adjutant or Med Body in the beginning. It is simply extra work for no extra credit and you can still get rolled back three weeks if your regular duties are not to par. (For that job, you may get to keep your cell phone through training though). Hard thing about OCS is graduating on time... good thing almost everyone graduates.
I'm not going to say too much. You need to experience your own bit of hell. It can be fun.

ajdajd

Signup15, thanks for giving that rundown.

this is a good guide.

I asked this in the stupid questions thread but perhaps it was TOO stupid...

In this video they show up wearing sweats/jeans and their running shoes, but I know it is a few years old. I have heard we should arrive in 'business casual' (button-down, chinos, leather shoes). Which one is correct? If business casual, can we get away with wearing our running shoes instead of leather shoes as to have less excess items to store?

Signup15

Signup15, thanks for giving that rundown.

I asked this in the stupid questions thread but perhaps it was TOO stupid...

In this video they show up wearing sweats/jeans and their running shoes, but I know it is a few years old. I have heard we should arrive in 'business casual' (button-down, chinos, leather shoes). Which one is correct? If business casual, can we get away with wearing our running shoes instead of leather shoes as to have less excess items to store?
A nice Polo shirt will do but it does not matter (just don't dress up too much). The people who see you on the first day will not be the ones you would care to be judged by. Dress comfortable. You may be doing a lot of walking, sitting around and a little jogging to keep up with the fast walking candidate officers.

SWOMan

not a lot of noise on this board. a few check in from swo boards, but haven't heard any fin selects in a while (this week of course had to do with the software change) Anyone had anything recently? I have to think a new batch are coming soon.

KORhc

not a lot of noise on this board. a few check in from swo boards, but haven't heard any fin selects in a while (this week of course had to do with the software change) Anyone had anything recently? I have to think a new batch are coming soon.
My recruiter said that im tentatively slated for OCS in July. Hopefully I'll get an update next week after the software change.

banjosquirrel

Have any of you been waiting especially long? I got a Pro-Y for SWO at the December board, am tentatively slated for the 21-Aug class, but my final select letter still hasn't come in. My OR says she doesn't know why, but is hoping that it will come this month. I'm getting kinda worried about why it's being held up.

SWOMan

Was selected in feb. Still waiting. ...been difficult since I've been unemployed this last month and people keep asking when I'm leaving lol. You have waited super long though. ...especially with an august date.