• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

hrtrice

Pro-Rec Y SWO
After fighting the black hole that is lost paperwork in a bureaucracy, my transcripts are in and I can wait for my FINSEL. Recruiter said it should only be about 10 business days. I doubt that time frame pretty strongly given what I've seen here, but a guy can hope.

Donald Auld

I am Pro Rec Y for SNA (30 June). I am still waiting for my Finsel letter, which from reading what is posted on here that is not unusual. However, my recruiter has mentioned several times that "they" want my paperwork complete by Sept. 8th. I'm not sure who "they" are, but should I be concerned that I don't have a Finsel yet and most likely will not complete my paperwork by the deadline?

sharkbait1

pilot
I am Pro Rec Y for SNA (30 June). I am still waiting for my Finsel letter, which from reading what is posted on here that is not unusual. However, my recruiter has mentioned several times that "they" want my paperwork complete by Sept. 8th. I'm not sure who "they" are, but should I be concerned that I don't have a Finsel yet and most likely will not complete my paperwork by the deadline?
What paperwork? I don't see why there should be a "drop dead" deadline given that sometimes people wait months (or a year!) for FINSEL.

lliesemeyer

My OR informed me that FINSEL letters are probably all delayed until the beginning of the fiscal year. anyone else hear similar information?

jtmhoya

My OR informed me that FINSEL letters are probably all delayed until the beginning of the fiscal year. anyone else hear similar information?

I was just told I should be getting my FINSEL letter soon and starting OCS in late November. Regardless, the military fiscal year starts on October 1st, so if that's true, it's only 3 weeks away.

exNavyOffRec

FS letters have nothing to do with FY, the OCS classes are already planned, it is just a matter of time for the processors to get them made and routed, it sounds like he gave you a BS answer so he would be asked for 3 weeks or so, but what is he going to say when you call right after Oct 1 and still no FS letter?

Joeco

Pro-rec Y for Supply. Does anyone know if getting a final select has any bearing on your current employment? I was really hoping to work as much as possible in the interim.

LadyT

Pro-rec Y for Supply. Does anyone know if getting a final select has any bearing on your current employment? I was really hoping to work as much as possible in the interim.
Are you asking if you have to leave your current place of employment when you receive your FINSEL?

LadyT

Yes, my recruiter mentioned that I would be putting my two weeks in when I did recieve it.
I have never heard of anyone having to put in their two week notice because they receive their FINSEL. I received my FINSEL around 15JUL15 (OCS start date: 27SEP15)...I just left my job this yesterday. I could have stayed longer but I wanted to take some time off before OCS. I know someone who received their FINSEL before me and they put in their two week notice last week.

Signup15

I have never heard of anyone having to put in their two week notice because they receive their FINSEL. I received my FINSEL around 15JUL15 (OCS start date: 27SEP15)...I just left my job this yesterday. I could have stayed longer but I wanted to take some time off before OCS. I know someone who received their FINSEL before me and they put in their two week notice last week.
come back from OCS and tell us as much as you are allowed to.