• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

KAT_AWO

Checking into FINSEL Purgatory! I received a Pro Rec Y from the 24 August Supply Board. :)

I have a few questions that I am in hopes that someone can answer for me.

I am Enlisted and am close to 10 years Active Duty Navy. I have a huge question that I cant seem to find the answer to. I planned to re-enlist on October 29th for 6 years to receive a bonus before I hit zone C. Zone B is currently at 2.0 and I think the bonus is near 43k ish.

I remember reading back in July before I even submitted my package that if I re-enlist before I get the FINSEL, that I would receive the initial 50% and would not receive any of the installments.

Well, I just talked to my NC who isn't really the greatest, and she said that I wont get anything at all and/or that I would have to pay it all back if I re-enlist now. I explained to her that I have not been officially selected yet. Even though my re-enlistment has been planned for October for a while now, I don't see why I wouldn't get the bonus if I could make it into the window to re-enlist before I get the FINSEL from my Chain of Command. I think that she is completely incorrect, I just cant seem to remember where I found my information, it was back in July when I was initially looking into it.

Is there anything that would keep me from re-enlisting now that I have my Pro Rec Y from the Supply Board? My command has NOT been notified and I haven't received a FINSEL, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to re-enlist. I feel that I should be able to continue moving forward with my re-enlistment since I haven't been officially selected (FINSEL) yet. I just hope that I can re-enlist before the FINSEL if I get one. I am just getting concerned because I keep getting told that now that I am aware that I got the Pro Rec Y that I cant re-enlist because I already know that I "am selected" or if I do re-enlist now that I am aware of the Pro Rec Y, that I will have to pay the bonus back no matter what. It's like no one wants to fight for me because I am "going to the dark side". ;)

Final question I promise! No one can seem to answer it for me. Supply Officer was my first choice. Since I got the Pro Rec Y here, I was wondering if this meant my package stopped here, or will it continue on to the NFO and Ocean O boards that I also put on my application? Any and all help or advice on my situation would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry for the long drawn out post. I just wanted to explain my situation thoroughly enough to where it wasn't too confusing.

Thank you,
KAT_AWO

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Since I got the Pro Rec Y here, I was wondering if this meant my package stopped here, or will it continue on to the NFO and Ocean O boards that I also put on my application?
Since you have more than one community on your application, the Pro Rec Y is going to be there until all the other pending Selection Boards have a chance to meet and assess your kit. Once every community to which you applied gets a 'chop', then you will be notified final selection, in the order you listed them on your application. If you are OK going to the community that sent the Pro Rec Y, then all you have to do is call your recruiter and they can pull your kit from the remaining boards to expedite the FINSEL process.

Caveat: I don't have the reg in front of me, and can't recall where I read it, so fact check with your recruiter.

EDIT: Here's the resource I'm citing. At the risk of being circular, reddit quotes airwarriors quotes reddit, so again, fact check with your recruiter

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
I don't have a recruiter so I will figure something out there.
Hang in there. I'm actually working through the enlisted recruiter myself, having never even met the OR person. The OR was out when I started the process. The ER took a look at my resume and was like, "Heck, yeah!" I'll process you myself.

KAT_AWO

Good for you glad they jumped on it for you!

I took charge of my package and submitted it myself to the OCS applications email. That's why I don't have a recruiter.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
ref: OCS
That also explains a few things. I'm trying for a reserve officer slot. So I wouldn't even know where to begin to walk it through all by myself. All the Navy Reserve sites specifically try to plug you with a recruiting office to get the process rolling.

@NavOffRec, care to weigh in for @NAT_AWO?

KAT_AWO

I finally found an answer for my previous question. It looks like I will remain in a pending status until the FINSEL comes out, so I am currently ineligible to re-enlist. If I had re-enlisted before application submission and received an SRB already then the 50% rules would take affect where I would have been able to keep the SRB.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-18-15-25-29 (2).png
    Screenshot_2015-09-18-15-25-29 (2).png
    537.3 KB · Views: 12

KAT_AWO

Fieldrat, I found an instruction that clears up what we were talking about before. Even though I had more than one community on my application, the Pro Rec Y I got for Supply was my first choice. This means that my package is going to be pulled from all boards and processed so that I can get my FINSEL. I do not have to wait on all the other boards to convene because Supply was my first choice and first board to convene. If it were the other way around and I had gotten NFO Pro Rec Y first and it was not my first choice, then I would have to wait around for the Supply board to convene.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Fieldrat, I found an instruction that clears up what we were talking about before. Even though I had more than one community on my application, the Pro Rec Y I got for Supply was my first choice. This means that my package is going to be pulled from all boards and processed so that I can get my FINSEL. I do not have to wait on all the other boards to convene because Supply was my first choice and first board to convene. If it were the other way around and I had gotten NFO Pro Rec Y first and it was not my first choice, then I would have to wait around for the Supply board to convene.
Awesome KAT! Glad you got that sorted out and if I haven't already mentioned it, congrats on the Pro Rec Y status! I'm treading water until Jan/Feb. Are you able to post/cite the instruction you mentioned?

KAT_AWO

I am pretty sure I found it in another place as well. I tried to find it again but I found this which seems a bit different from what I found before, but its practically the same.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    74.3 KB · Views: 10

Donald Auld

Hey all!

My FINSEL came in today and I am pretty confused. I was selected for both SNA and NFO in the June 30 board. Now that my FINSEL has come in it only states that I have been selected NFO. Is this common? What can I do about it?

I was selected as a pilot and that is by far my first choice, and now it appears to have been taken away with no particular reason. I'm feeling rather stupid because I have already informed my friends and family that I have been selected SNA and NFO, and that I will be making the choice between the two.

Has anyone ever seen this happen?

Thank you all for your input in advance.

exNavyOffRec

Hey all!

My FINSEL came in today and I am pretty confused. I was selected for both SNA and NFO in the June 30 board. Now that my FINSEL has come in it only states that I have been selected NFO. Is this common? What can I do about it?

I was selected as a pilot and that is by far my first choice, and now it appears to have been taken away with no particular reason. I'm feeling rather stupid because I have already informed my friends and family that I have been selected SNA and NFO, and that I will be making the choice between the two.

Has anyone ever seen this happen?

Thank you all for your input in advance.

Talk to your OR, the times I have seen this happen it is because a person was found not to be PQ for SNA