• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Tobe

Does anyone not receive a fin-select after being pro rec y? Once you get pro rec'd you're in, right? Providing you complete everything your recruiter needs.

HT2015

Does anyone not receive a fin-select after being pro rec y? Once you get pro rec'd you're in, right? Providing you complete everything your recruiter needs.
Technically, you can be DQ'd after you get the PRO REC Y. They can find something in your background or medical that DQ's you. That being said, I do not believe it is common. Although, you may be waiting for awhile.

exNavyOffRec

Technically, you can be DQ'd after you get the PRO REC Y. They can find something in your background or medical that DQ's you. That being said, I do not believe it is common. Although, you may be waiting for awhile.

background would be more likely now, since a person has to have a PQ letter prior to submission no one should be getting DQ for medical after selection unless something happens to them.

background would be more likely now, since a person has to have a PQ letter prior to submission no one should be getting DQ for medical after selection unless something happens to them.

Out of curiosity, what kind of background stuff is enough to get you a DQ? Lies about criminal history / academic background? Questionable contacts / family members?

exNavyOffRec

Out of curiosity, what kind of background stuff is enough to get you a DQ? Lies about criminal history / academic background? Questionable contacts / family members?

I have seen not necessarily lies but failure to disclose, the thing is you must disclose everything to the gov't, but if you get something "sealed" the civilian court will tell you that you never need to disclose, that can cause confusion. The other is legal issue after selection, such as a DUI.

There was a person that lied about their academic background, was commissioned, then it was found out, that person was sent to a courts martial and found guilty then was sent to the brig for several months, the lying of the transcripts also turned up identity theft.

lliesemeyer

I was a pro y in the June 30 SNA board. Officially graduated on aug 15 and signed all papers with my security clearance monday, should I assume my FINSEL waiting period has just begun or has already been underway?

MGB001

I have seen not necessarily lies but failure to disclose, the thing is you must disclose everything to the gov't, but if you get something "sealed" the civilian court will tell you that you never need to disclose, that can cause confusion. The other is legal issue after selection, such as a DUI.

There was a person that lied about their academic background, was commissioned, then it was found out, that person was sent to a courts martial and found guilty then was sent to the brig for several months, the lying of the transcripts also turned up identity theft.

This is something that keeps bugging me but everyone in the recruiting office says it is no problem whatsoever. I have no background issues but after I turned in my SF-86 I took a new job and also traveled abroad to Canada for one week. This is not listed on my SF-86 or my pre-screen interview form because, obviously, those things had not yet occurred in my life. Will this be a problem for the OPM investigators? I've tried to find a channel to disclose it but I'm always told it's unimportant and it would do more harm than good to go out of the way to report such minor things.

Oh, and I already have my FinSel if it makes a difference.

Outdoorsman

This is something that keeps bugging me but everyone in the recruiting office says it is no problem whatsoever. I have no background issues but after I turned in my SF-86 I took a new job and also traveled abroad to Canada for one week. This is not listed on my SF-86 or my pre-screen interview form because, obviously, those things had not yet occurred in my life. Will this be a problem for the OPM investigators? I've tried to find a channel to disclose it but I'm always told it's unimportant and it would do more harm than good to go out of the way to report such minor things.

Oh, and I already have my FinSel if it makes a difference.

I'm in sort of the same boat. Several months after filling out the security clearance stuff I started a new job and went on a cruise to Bermuda. I'm letting my OR know when I go in for fingerprints on Tuesday but besides that I'm not worried about it. When I signed the SF-86 everything was "true and accurate to the best of my ability" and that's the truth. If my OR says not to worry about it I'm not going to. You can't declare things that haven't happened yet.

Although the only thing I am curious about is I was able to track down some people's middle names that I didn't know at the time. Was gonna ask him if it's worth updating it to include the middle names (I had put the "no middle name" and under explanations explained that I did not know what their middle name was). Nobody told me this was an issue before so I'm assuming it's not, and I'm also assuming if they need that information they will ask me for it instead of denying the clearance or something. But you know what they say about assumptions. That's why I'm gonna bring it up with my OR. I doubt he'll say it's worth making a big deal of, and I'll have the info handy if they ever need it down the line.

Last edited: