• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

MGB001

Checked out of purgatory as of this past Thursday. Feels great! Sept 27th class. Took a little over 3 months from my boards results being released, pretty average turnaround I'd guess.

Donald Auld

Correction, 08NOV15. Little mix up with my OR. And penciled meaning I haven't received my FINSEL but was informed that this is when I would be going.

Checking in from 30 June board. My OR contacted me yesterday informing me that my background check came back clean, as expected, and that my FINSEL was just awaiting a signature. Here's to hoping it comes quickly!

Congrats!! I was also informed I was awaiting an Admirals signature. I am expecting a September OCS date, but I would love to be in the October/November classes... Regardless, I'm just grateful to have been selected!! Super Stoked!

sharkbait1

pilot
Question for FINSEL people here: Did you have a security interview, and did they contact you directly?

I was told that I will get FINSEL after the background investigation is completed, and I may or may not be contacted....

Thanks in advance!

RCArce01

Question for FINSEL people here: Did you have a security interview, and did they contact you directly?

I was told that I will get FINSEL after the background investigation is completed, and I may or may not be contacted....

Thanks in advance!
+1, I had that same question as I'm sitting here not so patiently waiting for my FINSEL...

iFly14

pilot
Congrats...feel free to join the 27 September 15 forum!
Will do!

Thanks in advance!
I just received the FINSEL call today. I filled out the SF 86 and never heard anything beyond that. No call, no interview as of yet.

MGB001

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if it is different for different designators but my understanding is that a pre-investigation interview has to be completed to check for any big red flags and then once that is complete you are eligible to receive your FinSel letter. The background check itself will be finalized while at OCS. This is the process I went through and I had to initiate the contact with the relevant security office per my recruiter who received the instructions to do so from a higher up at our NRD. But I have heard about others never going through this process before they receive their letter so I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

sharkbait1

pilot
Thanks all for the responses...I don't *think* I have any big red flags. I guess it's just wait and hope for the best...