• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Jetnerd1123

Reality of the situation still stands, we simply do not know. It could be next week, it could be two years. Either way, despite our anxiety, patience is pivotal.

My processor is hopeful for a FINSEL by 4 July, so I'll hold out hope and be patient until then. If it will be longer, I'll keep being patient. Our time will come. In the meantime, let's all be sure we're studying, working out, and getting better everyday. It'll be here before we all know it, and it'll be a moment to relish.

Everything that's awesome is worth waiting.

bgoman

Reality of the situation still stands, we simply do not know. It could be next week, it could be two years. Either way, despite our anxiety, patience is pivotal.

My processor is hopeful for a FINSEL by 4 July, so I'll hold out hope and be patient until then. If it will be longer, I'll keep being patient. Our time will come. In the meantime, let's all be sure we're studying, working out, and getting better everyday. It'll be here before we all know it, and it'll be a moment to relish.

Everything that's awesome is worth waiting.
Preach. Going out for a 4-5 mile run right now.

Jetnerd1123

Preach. Going out for a 4-5 mile run right now.

Solid! Haven't doing too much long distance running, as I know I should be; been running around 2.5 to 3 miles.

But, I've been doing A LOT of Tabatas to get my core, arm, and leg stamina in good shape. Each rep takes 4.5 min, and 10 reps will take around 45 min of constant calisthenics. It's killer, but damn, you feel great after. It's completely customizable to what you need to work on, which is nice.

ClassyGent23

a backlog combined with a small goal reduction, they kept selecting people like they are now and people just kept getting pushed.

What did those people do for the 2 years? Because honestly I am struggling to stay active without getting a big boy job and stuff. I don't want to start applying to places, get a nice job, and then have the Navy call me and tell me when I'm going to OCS.

exNavyOffRec

What did those people do for the 2 years? Because honestly I am struggling to stay active without getting a big boy job and stuff. I don't want to start applying to places, get a nice job, and then have the Navy call me and tell me when I'm going to OCS.

They worked, nothing fancy since they knew they were leaving eventually

bluehens15

Solid! Haven't doing too much long distance running, as I know I should be; been running around 2.5 to 3 miles.

But, I've been doing A LOT of Tabatas to get my core, arm, and leg stamina in good shape. Each rep takes 4.5 min, and 10 reps will take around 45 min of constant calisthenics. It's killer, but damn, you feel great after. It's completely customizable to what you need to work on, which is nice.
If you're running 3 miles 3-4 times a week, you'll still be in solid shape. Especially since the PRT is only 1.5, so if you're doing those 3 miles in a good time, you'll still be solid

Jetnerd1123

If you're running 3 miles 3-4 times a week, you'll still be in solid shape. Especially since the PRT is only 1.5, so if you're doing those 3 miles in a good time, you'll still be solid
My thoughts exactly. My goal was to be all around solid for PT, instead great at one thing, and ehhhh at the others.

ClassyGent23

Got a call from my recruiter last week stating that we might be going sooner than expected (feb2015 swo boards).
He said I should be getting a letter in a few weeks and that ocs is looking like sometime August/September.

I was told by my recruiter that it should have been here by now. So hopefully yours is more accurate.