• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
I still haven't been able to submit my official transcripts. So I got a letter from my school saying that I graduated and also turned in my unofficial transcripts that say degree conferred. I'm hoping and praying this is enough for them to add me to the list awaiting to get orders. Everything else has already been taken care of. I'm Hoping someone knows if this might do the trick. My OR doesn't think so, but he said he'd submit it to his processor just in case.

bgoman

I finished my kit in July 2014 and got PRO REC in the 6 Oct board and I'm still around too :(
Are there any other people that have been in purgatory that long? Does your OR have others in the same boat? It's going to be a real test of faith and patience if I have to wait an additional 9 months...Correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw some SWO guys on the last few pages from the Feb board, non-priors, getting a July 26 date.

Just out of curiosity, what have you been doing? I'm a May 2013 graduate and just moved home two weeks ago to save money before I leave. Not sure if I should be out there looking for another "real" job or not.

ClassyGent23

Are there any other people that have been in purgatory that long? Does your OR have others in the same boat? It's going to be a real test of faith and patience if I have to wait an additional 9 months...Correct me if I'm wrong, but I saw some SWO guys on the last few pages from the Feb board, non-priors, getting a July 26 date.

Just out of curiosity, what have you been doing? I'm a May 2013 graduate and just moved home two weeks ago to save money before I leave. Not sure if I should be out there looking for another "real" job or not.

This is really random, but after you said the 9 months thing I was wondering something. Is it possible that they could lose someone's application? What would happen in that case?

bgoman

This is really random, but after you said the 9 months thing I was wondering something. Is it possible that they could lose someone's application? What would happen in that case?
My recruiter told me that most likely my package was "lost on someone's desk". He said it gets time-stamped in the system every time it hits an inbox/outbox. I still have questions about that but I didn't really press it. I believe he eventually spoke to someone at Raleigh Recruiting Command at one point but I don't know that it helped.

Bluecore

There was actually a guy on here who went through the same NRD as I did who was selected for SWO from the JUNE 2014 board, and he just recently got his date in like mid-late March, and I think he was projected to report May 25. The OR I worked with left the NRD about a week after I finished my package I have been talking to the Chief and Petty Officer working there who I have never even met face to face because I am out of state now. They have been trying to get my point-of-contact switched to Sacramento NRD for like 2 months now and haven't even done it yet. I have no idea what to think. I talk to them every few weeks and they keep saying nothing new. They see my FIN SEL in the system, but they say they are not able to access it. According to them, the status of my letter says "sent to PM for signature", which is basically the definition of purgatory from what I understand.

Everyone except the guy I mentioned, and maybe 1 or 2 others, who are SWO and have received dates on this website, have either been prior service, active duty, or are age critical.

As for me, I've been working about 25 hours a week in a restaurant as a waiter and living at home. Working on paying off a credit card. In my spare time I play video games and spend time with my girlfriend.

For fitness, I lost 10 pounds biking after I heard I got accepted (181 ish to 170), and then since then (about January) I've been training my running and "sort of" training my push ups. I am going to sign up for the gym tomorrow and add some heavy lifting back in to my regimen. I want to have my push ups as close to "max" as I can before I report. My run and sit ups will improve dramatically once i lose the body weight so I'm not worried about those. I don't even plan to start studying any gouge until I get my date because I want it fresh in my memory when I report.

As for what I think you should do, I can't really say. What kind of degree do you have? What kind of "real job" could you conceivably get in a reasonable amount of time? I will tell you that if I didn't have the garbage History degree that I tricked myself in to earning, I would be actively searching for gainful employment rather than my temporary job as a waiter.

bluehens15

There was actually a guy on here who went through the same NRD as I did who was selected for SWO from the JUNE 2014 board, and he just recently got his date in like mid-late March, and I think he was projected to report May 25. The OR I worked with left the NRD about a week after I finished my package I have been talking to the Chief and Petty Officer working there who I have never even met face to face because I am out of state now. They have been trying to get my point-of-contact switched to Sacramento NRD for like 2 months now and haven't even done it yet. I have no idea what to think. I talk to them every few weeks and they keep saying nothing new. They see my FIN SEL in the system, but they say they are not able to access it. According to them, the status of my letter says "sent to PM for signature", which is basically the definition of purgatory from what I understand.

Everyone except the guy I mentioned, and maybe 1 or 2 others, who are SWO and have received dates on this website, have either been prior service, active duty, or are age critical.

As for me, I've been working about 25 hours a week in a restaurant as a waiter and living at home. Working on paying off a credit card. In my spare time I play video games and spend time with my girlfriend.

For fitness, I lost 10 pounds biking after I heard I got accepted (181 ish to 170), and then since then (about January) I've been training my running and "sort of" training my push ups. I am going to sign up for the gym tomorrow and add some heavy lifting back in to my regimen. I want to have my push ups as close to "max" as I can before I report. My run and sit ups will improve dramatically once i lose the body weight so I'm not worried about those. I don't even plan to start studying any gouge until I get my date because I want it fresh in my memory when I report.

As for what I think you should do, I can't really say. What kind of degree do you have? What kind of "real job" could you conceivably get in a reasonable amount of time? I will tell you that if I didn't have the garbage History degree that I tricked myself in to earning, I would be actively searching for gainful employment rather than my temporary job as a waiter.

I feel like it's not all about the weight as much as how well you carry it. I'm a solid 170-175 lbs walk around, and my running is still pretty good. It's all about the training because the more you run you're gonna gain muscle in your legs, and then when you start lifting again, eventually (not right away) you'll gain the muscle weight. Train right, and be in solid shape, and you'll be fine

rpat1987

Surf n Turf
I feel like it's not all about the weight as much as how well you carry it. I'm a solid 170-175 lbs walk around, and my running is still pretty good. It's all about the training because the more you run you're gonna gain muscle in your legs, and then when you start lifting again, eventually (not right away) you'll gain the muscle weight. Train right, and be in solid shape, and you'll be fine
I weigh about 190-195 and still can run my 2 mile in 15:30 or less. I'm sure I'll lose some of my beer gut and lose minutes off of my run time.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Are there any other people that have been in purgatory that long? It's going to be a real test of faith and patience if I have to wait an additional 9 months...

I'm an IW select from the September boards, and had my package finished in February of 2014. My case is different due to my request for a later date, but there are a handful of IDC selects here who will be waiting until as late as September to ship. If you're doing the math, that's a full year.
Now, knowing that's the case with those new IDC accessions, I'd say nine months is a gift, especially for a currently high-volume designator like SWO.

Bluecore

Oh yeah if I was a solid 170-175 I wouldn't be worried at all, but I could stand to lose 5-10 pounds of flab in the mid section and legs. I'll get there though with some discipline, because I have a fast metabolism.

I really want first crack at my ship when the time comes so maxing everything is my goal.

bluehens15

Oh yeah if I was a solid 170-175 I wouldn't be worried at all, but I could stand to lose 5-10 pounds of flab in the mid section and legs. I'll get there though with some discipline, because I have a fast metabolism.

I really want first crack at my ship when the time comes so maxing everything is my goal.

Well now that you're at 170 you can focus on cutting and toning. You'll be good just keep working hard!

PettyOfficerCJ

I'm an IW select from the September boards, and had my package finished in February of 2014. My case is different due to my request for a later date, but there are a handful of IDC selects here who will be waiting until as late as September to ship. If you're doing the math, that's a full year.
Now, knowing that's the case with those new IDC accessions, I'd say nine months is a gift, especially for a currently high-volume designator like SWO.

Amen

roy359

I was also PRO-Y from the SWO October 2014 board. I'm still around. I had to wait for the CEC board twice (both PRO-N) which delayed my OCS date. I'm hoping I get picked up for the July 26 class. I started the process November 2013 haha.

roy359

Any idea why you got a "no" from CEC? Your stats are solid. GPA could have been better but it's not bad...
I got screwed over because of the interview. The LT that I worked with before got replaced with a new one who didn't know what she was doing. Hopefully everything works out and I'll do my best to be a SWO then lateral transfer to CEC.

ClassyGent23

I got screwed over because of the interview. The LT that I worked with before got replaced with a new one who didn't know what she was doing. Hopefully everything works out and I'll do my best to be a SWO then lateral transfer to CEC.

Did you get PRO-N for CEC before you applied for SWO?