• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Not in purgatory yet (fingers crossed for the May board), but can anyone here give me an idea of what the process is like both after getting pro-rec'd and after receiving a FINSEL? In particular, what events/tasks (both before and after FINSEL) require you to go to your recruiter's officer in person? Reason I ask is that I want to do some traveling for a few months this summer, while I still have a chance to do so. I just don't want a situation where my recruiter needs me to come in for whatever reason and I'm on the other side of the world.

Step 1: Check into purgatory.

Step 2: Wait.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not in purgatory yet (fingers crossed for the May board), but can anyone here give me an idea of what the process is like.....
FINAL SELECT PURGATORY: A place or state of suffering where wannabees go after ProRec Y, to expiate their sins while awaiting FinSel/OCS date!
The-Devil-devil-fire-monster-smiley-emoticon-000833-large.gif

Usually considered a great time to work HARD on Physical Conditioning!
BzB

Last edited:

otejay

Sure, I get that waiting is the name of the game here. But is there any reason that should make me think twice about leaving the local area to travel during said wait?

Seeing as they're pumping out SNA/NFO like they're on sale, I wouldn't expect a long wait for you**. I've heard of letters being sent out a few months out and as close as weeks from OCS. I personally wouldn't go too far or, at least, anywhere that in the worst case scenario you wouldn't be able to come back in time. Assuming you're as eager to go to school as I am, I don't like the idea of getting pushed down 3 weeks or more. My 2 cents....

***Disclaimers: 1) i'm no expert; i simply visit these forums at least 6 times a day. 2) i've learned this process is tremendously unpredictable and what might make sense based on numbers or other people's experiences could be COMPLETELY wrong.

jmeff

Seeing as they're pumping out SNA/NFO like they're on sale, I wouldn't expect a long wait for you**. I've heard of letters being sent out a few months out and as close as weeks from OCS. I personally wouldn't go too far or, at least, anywhere that in the worst case scenario you wouldn't be able to come back in time. Assuming you're as eager to go to school as I am, I don't like the idea of getting pushed down 3 weeks or more. My 2 cents....

***Disclaimers: 1) i'm no expert; i simply visit these forums at least 6 times a day. 2) i've learned this process is tremendously unpredictable and what might make sense based on numbers or other people's experiences could be COMPLETELY wrong.

Just to add to this, there was someone a couple of weeks ago who received his FINSEL on February 26th or 27th and had a report date of March 1st.

KnightFlight

Sure, I get that waiting is the name of the game here. But is there any reason that should make me think twice about leaving the local area to travel during said wait?
Go travel, but be prepared to drop everything and come back in the case that you do receive a letter sooner than expected. Have everything prepared for OCS before you leave just in case. Better safe than sorry.