• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Just curious, if you are PRO-Y'ed before graduation, do you get an unofficial OCS date and then they issue you your official FS once you earn your diploma? Or is it once you graduate, you go to the back of the FS line?

Bluecore

I went through NRD San Antonio and I've been through just about every recruiter there for a while. I started with Chief Carbajal who was great, and then after a few flops of recruiters after he transferred, I got a Lt. Commander who handled my stuff. He's gone now and I'm back to working with a Chief, which I honestly don't mind because he's giving me more answers than I got previously. I've kind of gotten into the habit of checking in with them once a week since that depot seems to get a lot of traffic and I had a couple of recruiters there who completely jacked up my security papers for about 3 months, so I'm probably annoyingly proactive as a result.

I will make it a point to speak with someone tomorrow or Friday, then. Chief Cook was on top of stuff, but the new guys are unknowns to me. I believe I spoke with the Lt. Commander you refer to once.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Just curious, if you are PRO-Y'ed before graduation, do you get an unofficial OCS date and then they issue you your official FS once you earn your diploma? Or is it once you graduate, you go to the back of the FS line?

I was under the impression that you couldn't even apply without first having your degree in-hand; that's what the OCS processors told me back when I tried to apply in January of last year (I had a guaranteed graduation date).
Maybe it's different for civilians? I'm not sure how they'd calculate your GPA on your APSR though.

alafaill

I will make it a point to speak with someone tomorrow or Friday, then. Chief Cook was on top of stuff, but the new guys are unknowns to me. I believe I spoke with the Lt. Commander you refer to once.

I actually had the exact opposite experience with Cook. He sat on my security forms for so long that the tracking numbers on them expired. Right now I'm working with Chief Comacho and he's been excellent so far.

exNavyOffRec

I was under the impression that you couldn't even apply without first having your degree in-hand; that's what the OCS processors told me back when I tried to apply in January of last year (I had a guaranteed graduation date).
Maybe it's different for civilians? I'm not sure how they'd calculate your GPA on your APSR though.

AD rules =/= civilian rules

JkFlGataXY

PROREC-Y SNA
Wow, that happened way faster than I was expecting. Earliest dates I was thinking we'd see from the February board were June/July. Very exciting! Congrats!
Yeah not complaining if that is the case. I was told because I don't have many loose ends that my OR was pushing to get me out ASAP and told me earliest of July. Now @Callie3 has me all nervous, but good-nervous lol

CGrissom15

Yeah not complaining if that is the case. I was told because I don't have many loose ends that my OR was pushing to get me out ASAP and told me earliest of July. Now @Callie3 has me all nervous, but good-nervous lol

Nope definitely not complaining - and yes - definitely good-nervous with the idea of it being that close. I better start studying the gouge a little more religiously that my recruiter passed along!

Chris18

Nope definitely not complaining - and yes - definitely good-nervous with the idea of it being that close. I better start studying the gouge a little more religiously that my recruiter passed along!

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Not complaining, but now I want to kick up my workouts and start studying even more. Good nerves to keep us all motivated.

KnightFlight

Add me to the April 12th list! Got the call today. My OR said he was surprised it happened so fast because he was thinking October, but I'm thrilled!
Not sure if my active security clearance had anything to do with it? Maybe since I'll be 26 in October? Really no clue why, and don't care too much because I can't wait to get there :D:D:D
P.S. Callie and myself are both out of NRD Atlanta.

mhunter

None
Add me to the April 12th list! Got the call today. My OR said he was surprised it happened so fast because he was thinking October, but I'm thrilled!
Not sure if my active security clearance had anything to do with it? Maybe since I'll be 26 in October? Really no clue why, and don't care too much because I can't wait to get there :D:D:D
P.S. Callie and myself are both out of NRD Atlanta.
Pilots have all the luck! Haha! It looks like NFOs are now no earlier than July 26. That class is already pretty full of NFOs too. I'm not complaining though. I'm still stuck here until after I finish my masters in May anyways. It just gives me more time to spend with my family, study gouge, and pump up my PT before heading out. Thankfully, I have a job lined out for the gap between graduation and OCS. I'm just praying I leave before Oct. I don't want to be stuck up in Newport during this time next year. Too much snow! I'd rather spend my winter down in Pcola!

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Another factor that could be at play with the quick pilot turnaround could be upcoming class dates for follow-on training. Just a thought.

Tyler Houston

Not that new of a member
Don't have my degree until June, but I had to continuously provide current transcripts to my OR throughout the process so I'm guessing they just needed my most recent transcript for review? Just got my PRO REC Y for SWO today! Thinking I'll be sticking with Pilot though unless I wake up tomorrow not wanting to fly...

hrtrice

Pro-Rec Y SWO
I'm curious about that too. I'm now checking in after getting selected for SWO, but I haven't gotten my degree yet either, so it will be interesting to see what happens with us.