• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
So I am in a unique sitatuion. Last night I got an email stating "Due to shipping loss" there was an opening in the Feb 8th class. I thought cool but that's zero notice, I was told between March and May I would leave. Well fast forward to this morning and I get another email from my recruiter telling me that that's my date. So now I find myself in a time crunch pickle. Is it possible to trade OCS class dates or request a later date? I thought February was filled and out of the question. I was led to believe I would learn of my OCS date 6-8 weeks prior if not further out. I am super excited to get my FINSEL but Jesus this is little notice. I just got over a 10 day stint of the flu thanks to some rugrat from a holiday party and will pretty much have to walk in work Monday with a resignation letter in hand so I can devote my life to rebuilding my cardio. I'm not sure if class dates can be swapped but if anyone with a March date (1st or 22nd) who is a Pilot/ NFO candidate wants to switch then shoot me a private message. My recruiter is going to talk to the program manager Monday and see if I can get bumped back a class because it is out of the blue and spur of the moment. If nothing can be done then next week I will get to do my Uncle Sam needs me resignation sooner then I planned.
Good introduction to the military. I'd just get it over with - it'll be good practice for all your future short notice deployments, workups and PCS moves.

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
Good introduction to the military. I'd just get it over with - it'll be good practice for all your future short notice deployments, workups and PCS moves.

I agree. Completely unexpected but after the initial nerves I am flattered my name came up when an early opening appeared. Still game to trade back a class back but as of right now I'm getting everything together for Feb 8th. Can't wait to turn in the resignation letter to work now.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
Better late than never I suppose, but I'm new to Airwarriors, and checking into FINSEL purgatory. PRO-REC Y for IW from the September IDC board.
That was a pretty competitive board. Mind posting your stats in the signature line? Might help a few of the people going into the next one.

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
Also waiting for some movement after Pro-Y on Oct 29 board, but I'm not expecting to hear anything anytime soon. I don't graduate until May, so just hoping for an unofficial date sometime soon, won't be looking for a FinSel for a couple more months, unfortunately.

IWJayhawk

Ok. I really hope no one here thinks I was punking them, but I just received my FINSEL, and I'm in the March 22nd OCS class.
Checking out after what might've been the shortest stay in purgatory (I was actually in purgatory for a little while...just my own, lonely version).
Best of luck to everyone!

Bluecore

Beats the hell out of me. I can screenshot the email timestamps.
My recruiter's been out of touch, and that was the first I'd heard in a few weeks... So bizarre.

I don't even expect to hear from mine until closer to July unless I reach out (Mo' SWO Mo' Problems). I will probably do so sometime this week just to touch base.

Congrats by the way. Would love it if I had a competitive package for IW.