• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Do try not to be discouraged. My race, dual-citizenship, or the fact that my last name starts with a W, are often precluding or complicating factors to my name being called first. But, sometimes these factors induce results that are both expeditious and favorable. You throw the dice with these things lol. I'm sure that the probability of you having to wait this long are exiguous at best. Best of luck.

Did you ever renounce your previous citizenship?

Chop Shop

I formulated and mailed a letter to the Jamaican Consulate general, under the guidance of my recruiter, renouncing my citizenship. A copy of the letter, along with the certified mailing receipt, were given to my recruiter. My Jamaican passport has long since expired (2008 I believe) and I've never bothered to get a new one.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I formulated and mailed a letter to the Jamaican Consulate general, under the guidance of my recruiter, renouncing my citizenship. A copy of the letter, along with the certified mailing receipt, were given to my recruiter. My Jamaican passport has long since expired (2008 I believe) and I've never bothered to get a new one.

We're you ever given a letter back from the Consulate verifying your citizenship is officially renounced?

Chop Shop

We're you ever given a letter back from the Consulate verifying your citizenship is officially renounced?

I recently received a letter acknowledging their receipt of my correspondence, and requesting a remittance of $1,000 USD. Respectfully sir, I requested that they remit a sample of whatever it is that they have been smoking.

They also explained to me that if my passport was expired then technically I wasn't a citizen anymore. I have read that applicants with dual citizenship have surrendered their passport to their recruiters, in conjunction with the formal letter, which was sufficient renunciation. I am open to the former, but as far as my recruiter is concerned, he believes that I have done everything that I am supposed to on my end and that the rest is up to the program manager.

exNavyOffRec

I recently received a letter acknowledging their receipt of my correspondence, and requesting a remittance of $1,000 USD. Respectfully sir, I requested that they remit a sample of whatever it is that they have been smoking.

They also explained to me that if my passport was expired then technically I wasn't a citizen anymore. I have read that applicants with dual citizenship have surrendered their passport to their recruiters, in conjunction with the formal letter, which was sufficient renunciation. I am open to the former, but as far as my recruiter is concerned, he believes that I have done everything that I am supposed to on my end and that the rest is up to the program manager.

There are different renunciation rules for different countries.

Chop Shop

Thank you for the help and advice btw, sir. Us immigrants tend to find it a bit challenging at times to navigate on our own.

egardell

So I was looking on the Navy Supply Corps School website and I noticed that the next class date that I could potentially attend is July 14, which would mean I would need to be in the 12 April OCS class. However, if I don't get in that class, the next BQC wouldn't be until January. Would I just work in Newport until that class date? Would that work entail mostly administrative duties?

jmeff

So I was looking on the Navy Supply Corps School website and I noticed that the next class date that I could potentially attend is July 14, which would mean I would need to be in the 12 April OCS class. However, if I don't get in that class, the next BQC wouldn't be until January. Would I just work in Newport until that class date? Would that work entail mostly administrative duties?

The Supply Corps School has a class starting every quarter. If you don't make the July class then you will be in the October class. They don't list it on the website yet because it's technically the next fiscal year.

As for your question about duties... I don't know. I have heard people talk about doing OHARP while they wait.