• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

JamesDStrunk

I've looked through most of this thread and I haven't really seen an answer to this:

For active duty members that have received their FINSEL after a while, is it sent directly to you? Or is it sent only to your CO which is then forwarded to you? The only reason I ask is because my CO is geographically several thousand miles from my stationed location and in a completely different time zone. I wouldn't want to miss the class date even by a couple days so i could start planning accordingly.

JamesDStrunk

I've looked through most of this thread and I haven't really seen an answer to this:
For active duty members that have received their FINSEL after a while, is it sent directly to you? Or is it sent only to your CO which is then forwarded to you? The only reason I ask is because my CO is geographically several thousand miles from my stationed location and in a completely different time zone. I wouldn't want to miss the class date even by a couple days so i could start planning accordingly.

Lasoiree

Yes for those waiting for Final Select Letters, I was offered a commission from the June supply board and I'm still waiting for it. I hope to get it this month (so 6+ months from commission to official letter) and go to OCS in March.

I left my job in June and spent a few months traveling, in Sept I buckled down and focused on creative endeavors. I'm trying to finish them before OCS (song and book writing). Once I get the Final Select letter then I'll focus on gouges. I've been doing crossfit for the fitness side since November.

So @Chop Shop you are not alone.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

So, the LS1 I helped with his kit got his FINSEL today for March 22nd...and I believe they are going in ABC order.

Just in case you are not being funny, they don't go in order, some is just pure luck, other factors are when the command says they can go or the person is able to go, which processor it goes to as some work faster than others, what designator, is everything they need in order for the FS letter or are their questions, and many other variables.

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
So I am in a unique sitatuion. Last night I got an email stating "Due to shipping loss" there was an opening in the Feb 8th class. I thought cool but that's zero notice, I was told between March and May I would leave. Well fast forward to this morning and I get another email from my recruiter telling me that that's my date. So now I find myself in a time crunch pickle. Is it possible to trade OCS class dates or request a later date? I thought February was filled and out of the question. I was led to believe I would learn of my OCS date 6-8 weeks prior if not further out. I am super excited to get my FINSEL but Jesus this is little notice. I just got over a 10 day stint of the flu thanks to some rugrat from a holiday party and will pretty much have to walk in work Monday with a resignation letter in hand so I can devote my life to rebuilding my cardio. I'm not sure if class dates can be swapped but if anyone with a March date (1st or 22nd) who is a Pilot/ NFO candidate wants to switch then shoot me a private message. My recruiter is going to talk to the program manager Monday and see if I can get bumped back a class because it is out of the blue and spur of the moment. If nothing can be done then next week I will get to do my Uncle Sam needs me resignation sooner then I planned.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
So I am in a unique sitatuion. Last night I got an email stating "Due to shipping loss" there was an opening in the Feb 8th class. I thought cool but that's zero notice, I was told between March and May I would leave. Well fast forward to this morning and I get another email from my recruiter telling me that that's my date. So now I find myself in a time crunch pickle. Is it possible to trade OCS class dates or request a later date? I thought February was filled and out of the question. I was led to believe I would learn of my OCS date 6-8 weeks prior if not further out. I am super excited to get my FINSEL but Jesus this is little notice. I just got over a 10 day stint of the flu thanks to some rugrat from a holiday party and will pretty much have to walk in work Monday with a resignation letter in hand so I can devote my life to rebuilding my cardio. I'm not sure if class dates can be swapped but if anyone with a March date (1st or 22nd) who is a Pilot/ NFO candidate wants to switch then shoot me a private message. My recruiter is going to talk to the program manager Monday and see if I can get bumped back a class because it is out of the blue and spur of the moment. If nothing can be done then next week I will get to do my Uncle Sam needs me resignation sooner then I planned.

On behalf of all the SWO selectees....I don't see the problem. You have a month.
I'd go Monday if I got the call today. I understand the flu/cardio issue, but I wouldn't test fate with switching dates....Just my 2 cents.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Take it or leave it... join the Navy and start getting paid 8 Feb or get bumped to the back and wait until October 2015 like many other SWO applicants.

Last edited:

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
I guess I'm just surprised the date was available and that I got offered it but I see everyone's point. If switching dates could land me in October then bump that. Time to check out of purgatory, write that resignation and run like forest gump.

I'm active duty.. it comes to your CO.... via email... however you can keep calling the OCS help desk and they can tell you what your date is... so if I were you just give the OCS help desk a call once a week... but i highly doubt that if your CO gets the email that he wouldn't ensure it make it your way.. I got the notification from my XO.... hopefully this help.. but either way the OCS help desk can give you all the information on your final select.