• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Chop Shop

Is there anyone from the June 2014 Supply board that is still waiting for their final select? Misery does love company.

I received my Pro Rec notification shortly after the July 4th holiday weekend. The most recent update that I have in CIRIMS, dated August 2014, is that my kit is at the program managers desk awaiting signature and class assignment. Zero information or communication since then, except for my recruiter updating me to keep waiting.

I've been through the 10 week Pre-OCS workout plan twice already. I also resigned from my professional position in NY back in July so that I could; spend some QT with my AD wife who is stationed in VA (we both planned to make the Navy our long-term career so we decided that this time together was worth it), focus on studying my gouge, and physically preparing for OCS.

I am wondering if there is cause for concern on my part? Or, if there is anything else I should be doing considering the whole "It's your career" spiel? My capital reserves are running low, considering I only anticipated a 6-8 month wait before reporting.

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"- Inferno (Dante)

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Is there anyone from the June 2014 Supply board that is still waiting for their final select? Misery does love company.

I received my Pro Rec notification shortly after the July 4th holiday weekend. The most recent update that I have in CIRIMS, dated August 2014, is that my kit is at the program managers desk awaiting signature and class assignment. Zero information or communication since then, except for my recruiter updating me to keep waiting.

I've been through the 10 week Pre-OCS workout plan twice already. I also resigned from my professional position in NY back in July so that I could; spend some QT with my AD wife who is stationed in VA (we both planned to make the Navy our long-term career so we decided that this time together was worth it), focus on studying my gouge, and physically preparing for OCS.

I am wondering if there is cause for concern on my part? Or, if there is anything else I should be doing considering the whole "It's your career" spiel? My capital reserves are running low, considering I only anticipated a 6-8 month wait before reporting.

Hate to say it, but you never should have left your job in the first place. I tell applicants all the time whenever they get PROREC'd: continue doing what you're doing (work/living) until an actual OCS/FINSEL letter is in your hands because the wait might be a while.

That and Supply is known for having one of the longest FINSEL purgatory times.

Chop Shop

Hate to say it, but you never should have left your job in the first place. I tell applicants all the time whenever they get PROREC'd: continue doing what you're doing (work/living) until an actual OCS/FINSEL letter is in your hands because the wait might be a while.

That and Supply is known for having one of the longest FINSEL purgatory times.

We had considered the risk of a long wait time and figure we can handle it. But, having a long wait time without any indication of a terminal date, is a bit more challenging to plan/budget around. If I did stay in my old position I would have spent my entire pay on the secondary housing accommodations, living expenses, and on transportation to commute from NY to VA to see my old lady. COLA in NY was a lot higher than Virginia, and my previous employer didn't exactly believe in competitive compensation based on location. It's just a little unnerving when you think that you are the only person from your designator's board that still has no clue to what's going on.

Chop Shop

You probably aren't the only person from that board who is waiting; just the only one on AirWarriors. Small comfort, maybe?

I would love to find this kindred spirit. Wherever you are, I do not bite. I enjoy long walks on the beach, puppies, and a good steak dinner. Maybe I should check E-Harmony, or Match.com.... Christian mingle?

egardell

Ahh I hate to hear that you've been waiting that long. Hopefully, I won't be as unlucky.. I've been living with my dad working part time since I graduated this past summer, and as much as I love my dad, the thought of living with him past this summer might drive me crazy.

Chop Shop

Ahh I hate to hear that you've been waiting that long. Hopefully, I won't be as unlucky.. I've been living with my dad working part time since I graduated this past summer, and as much as I love my dad, the thought of living with him past this summer might drive me crazy.

Do try not to be discouraged. My race, dual-citizenship, or the fact that my last name starts with a W, are often precluding or complicating factors to my name being called first. But, sometimes these factors induce results that are both expeditious and favorable. You throw the dice with these things lol. I'm sure that the probability of you having to wait this long are exiguous at best. Best of luck.

Last edited: