• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

When you get PROREC'd and the FINDOCS (security clearance and N3M letter) have been received, the FINSEL letter gets sent to the PM for signature. Once that's done, the letter will be put in CIRIMS for the OR and Processor to download. I don't think your OR is withholding anything, just simply waiting for the FINSEL to arrive.

Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like she is withholding anything, of course, I know she will notify me as soon as she knows. She told me both my clearance and physical documents have been cleared. So I guess ultimately I am curious as to what typically is the hold up from the PM? If the finsel has been sent, OCS date slotted, and the PM has it what do they usually wait for to release it to CIRIMS? Shouldn't that be a pretty cut and dry process by that point seeing how all of the heavy work is already completed? Thanks again for your help!!

exNavyOffRec

Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like she is withholding anything, of course, I know she will notify me as soon as she knows. She told me both my clearance and physical documents have been cleared. So I guess ultimately I am curious as to what typically is the hold up from the PM? If the finsel has been sent, OCS date slotted, and the PM has it what do they usually wait for to release it to CIRIMS? Shouldn't that be a pretty cut and dry process by that point seeing how all of the heavy work is already completed? Thanks again for your help!!

It is not uncommon for FS letters to not be issued until 4-8 weeks before OCS

kayteedee

NFO. I was approved for that in July. They were waiting to hear on Intel and Information Warfare. My military journey with joining has been a fairly long one. I joined the enlisted side in February and then immediately started to dual process. I had been working with the Air Force before that for a while, but some stuff was happening that was out of my control and now I'm here. Haha. Thanks, though! Happy to finally have a date! :)

Chop Shop

tumblr_n0spz8d6Ao1tpar8to1_1280.jpg

On the bright side, I might be here to catch season 3! :)

Last edited:

Noble-6

NFO. I was approved for that in July. They were waiting to hear on Intel and Information Warfare. My military journey with joining has been a fairly long one. I joined the enlisted side in February and then immediately started to dual process. I had been working with the Air Force before that for a while, but some stuff was happening that was out of my control and now I'm here. Haha. Thanks, though! Happy to finally have a date! :)

I'm in the same boat as you. Originally applied for Air Force CSO in Feb 2013, got selected a whole year later, then got held up for months because of a vision waiver. I put in an app with the Navy as a back-up plan and decided to switch branches for several reasons. Got pro-rec'd for NFO, and now I'm waiting on FINSEL. Congrats on your selection!

kayteedee

I'm in the same boat as you. Originally applied for Air Force CSO in Feb 2013, got selected a whole year later, then got held up for months because of a vision waiver. I put in an app with the Navy as a back-up plan and decided to switch branches for several reasons. Got pro-rec'd for NFO, and now I'm waiting on FINSEL. Congrats on your selection!
Awesome! Maybe we'll be in the same class! Do you know any dates yet? When did you get pro-rec'd?

Noble-6

Awesome! Maybe we'll be in the same class! Do you know any dates yet? When did you get pro-rec'd?

That would be cool! Don't know dates yet - My recruiter said they were talking about sending me in April, but I requested to be put in Feb/March if possible. I got pro-rec'd from the October board.

Workingoutsidemyfield

Reading through the threads, I see SWO and other programs that boards were late Oct to early Nov are receiving dates for OCS. I also see threads on maybe dates for OCS. Are there any rumors on OCS dates for the 10Nov14 Supply board?

jmeff

Reading through the threads, I see SWO and other programs that boards were late Oct to early Nov are receiving dates for OCS. I also see threads on maybe dates for OCS. Are there any rumors on OCS dates for the 10Nov14 Supply board?

Did that one guy from the June board ever get a date? ChopShop, I think.

jmeff

Nothing as of yet, unfortunately. My recruiter says I may hear something in January regarding a possible March date :-/. On the bright side: My wife just got frocked today to PO2(She's been in the Navy a little over a year now). :)

Congratulations to her! She's not an LS who is going to be working for you, is she? ;)