• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

00Heath

+1 to this. I would also like to know how we can find out this information. If I could find out my tentative date it would allow me to start getting stuff taken care of versus scrambling at the last minute.

I was just given a tentative 03May15 class and I'm going NFO.. If you haven't heard anything yet you'll probably be there or later.

00Heath

+1 to this. I would also like to know how we can find out this information. If I could find out my tentative date it would allow me to start getting stuff taken care of versus scrambling at the last minute.

I was just given a tentative 03May15 class and I'm going NFO.. If you haven't heard anything yet you'll probably be there or later.
How did you receive your "tentative" date?

My OR emailed me and said that's what he sees in CIRIMS. I asked him for an earlier date but I'm not expecting anything sooner. It'd sure be nice though!

Pcola1990

I would also like to know how we can find out this information. If I could find out my tentative date it would allow me to start getting stuff taken care of versus scrambling at the last minute.

It's frustrating not knowing. I called last Friday to see if I had a tentative date yet and was told that there was no tentative date listed for me. Then I get the call yesterday saying my FinSel had come through. I don't know how it all works but I never got a tentative. I was prorec'd in Oct so I feel lucky that I didn't have to wait very long but you may not hear anything until your official paperwork comes through.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete

My OR emailed me and said that's what he sees in CIRIMS. I asked him for an earlier date but I'm not expecting anything sooner. It'd sure be nice though!

Well I don't have an OR because I am AD, so I will just have to continue to wait for an email I guess.

Noble-6

I was also pro-rec'd in October for NFO and just e-mailed my recruiter to see if there was any update on my paperwork. He told me that my FINSEL is still awaiting signature and that "This won't be official until the letter is signed, but they're talking about sending you to OCS sometime in April."

(Bit of backstory - I've been waiting almost two years to go to officer school. I started with the USAF in Feb 2013, got selected for CSO a year later, but ultimately decided to switch over to the Navy since the Air Force was waiting months to give me a vision waiver. Since I originally started with the Air Force, I already have my background investigation/medical work completed.)

Would it be inappropriate to ask for the process to be sped up based on my case?

Question for anyone who may know. I know everyone is pretty much in the same boat playing the waiting game but who knows how the FinSel date actually works? My OR told me today my letter is at the program manager waiting to be released... Now does that mean I have an OCS date and once I receive the letter that is that Or does that mean the PM still has to assign a date, sign off, and send it out (or basically sitting there on a stack of other letters). Any info helps. Thanks and goodluck everyone.

Farmer Bob

Just a simple man.
This isn't likely the most appropriate feed for this question but just consider this as talking out loud to myself with hopes of a passerby answering. My recruiter said after OCS, depending on your school start date (flight in my case) you can either go down to where it will be held or work at your hometown recruitment office. Taking family and friends out of the mix which would you (anyone in purg) say is most advantageous?

Also congrats to all the recent FINSEL recipients!

otejay

@James Dreibelbis See the attachement. It is the first paragraph of my FINSEL. Your finsel is probably waiting for the signature. You might have a date but the FINSEL makes the tentative date you may or may not have received official. Next step would be to wait for swear-in date an then off you go.

That was one beautiful jpeg. I might frame mine when I get it, however weird that may sound.

Tasha

Question for anyone who may know. I know everyone is pretty much in the same boat playing the waiting game but who knows how the FinSel date actually works? My OR told me today my letter is at the program manager waiting to be released... Now does that mean I have an OCS date and once I receive the letter that is that Or does that mean the PM still has to assign a date, sign off, and send it out (or basically sitting there on a stack of other letters). Any info helps. Thanks and goodluck everyone.

I wanna say the local processor reviews your paper work then sends off the paper work to TN to be reviewed by the head processor there. Once everything passes through..then your 'tentative date' is formulated meaning the FINSEL letter is waiting for signature. Once it gets signed it gets uploaded.

Workingoutsidemyfield

I wanna say the local processor reviews your paper work then sends off the paper work to TN to be reviewed by the head processor there. Once everything passes through..then your 'tentative date' is formulated meaning the FINSEL letter is waiting for signature. Once it gets signed it gets uploaded.

Where would an Active Duty or Reserve member look in regards to the FINE Letter being generated?