• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
I emailed him and he said "it doesn't say yet." I'm not worried about it. Just happy to get pro-rec'd.

Shouldn't you have the option to choose if you got PR-Y for both...? I was picked up from the Sept. board for SWO-IW and my recruiter specifically told me I was PR-N for Intel and PR-Y for SWO-IW.

thomasEB

Shouldn't you have the option to choose if you got PR-Y for both...? I was picked up from the Sept. board for SWO-IW and my recruiter specifically told me I was PR-N for Intel and PR-Y for SWO-IW.

I have no idea. I don't graduate until July 2015, so I'll know for sure by then.

MikeMillerUK

Nearing the end of Primary
Contributor
If Pro-Y for both choices, you automatically get processed for your first choice unless you change your mind and specifically request to instead be processed for your second choice instead.

exNavyOffRec

I emailed him and he said "it doesn't say yet." I'm not worried about it. Just happy to get pro-rec'd.

Then he just doesn't know where to look, not a good sign, but if you are happy with either then you will be processed for your first choice.

If you don't graduate until July 2015 then you are a FY 16 accession and won't get your FS until middle of next year, good for you, bad for everyone applying for the next board since it shows the board filled FY 16 spots with the last board.

Edit: I just realized something after I hit "post" IDC generally doesn't pro Y people for more than one designator, so you were probably picked for one they think was the best fit.

thomasEB

Then he just doesn't know where to look, not a good sign, but if you are happy with either then you will be processed for your first choice.

If you don't graduate until July 2015 then you are a FY 16 accession and won't get your FS until middle of next year, good for you, bad for everyone applying for the next board since it shows the board filled FY 16 spots with the last board.

Edit: I just realized something after I hit "post" IDC generally doesn't pro Y people for more than one designator, so you were probably picked for one they think was the best fit.

I suppose it may also depend on the needs of the Navy in 2016. The different responsibilities of an Intel-O and IWO are still a little vague to me, but it appears IWOs are a bit more tech-oriented, no?

exNavyOffRec

I suppose it may also depend on the needs of the Navy in 2016. The different responsibilities of an Intel-O and IWO are still a little vague to me, but it appears IWOs are a bit more tech-oriented, no?

IW's are, but they also want tech degrees for Intel, the quotas for IW and Intel are generally very close, either designator they probably think you will fit in fine.

fmrarmy1

@RUFiO181 , I did my fingerprints On 5 Nov, what kind of wait times do you think we will see on the background checks?
Based on my previous life as a security manager it depends on a number of factors that OPM is dealing with. Years ago with the old paper SF-86 the wait times were fairly long...ie., up to six months to a year for SSBI backgrounds to go from beginning to adjudication. Last I have seen is it is roughly around 60 to 90 days for clearances do this same process with the quicker E-QIP SF-86 process. A lot of the variables depends on personal factors, i.e., any issues that require mitigation or further inquiry and if the adjudicator that is assigned to the case has a long backlog or not. Just know that the process is much faster than it used to be. My last one for a PR (periodic review) was handled in about 45 days.

CCTXNATIVE

Did you ask your recruiter this question and what did he/she say?
The answer I got was that he expects I'll be leaving for OCS in April.

I've been chomping at the bit lately because I am signing a new lease on an apartment next week. Luckily, there is a clause that allows me to get out with official orders without any penalty, but I would be screwing my roommate out of the lease without much notice.

That's my main concern for wanting a date already.

priorguy

Anyone pro-rec'ed-y for swo from the June 2014 board? If I learned anything from all this waiting is that one should never assume anything..
I'd say about 96% of the ppl in purgatory are SWO, making the June Pro Recs the veterans - like myself. Might have to start looking for a contingency plan here soon... No one has the slightest idea why they haven't classed up SWO applicants.