• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

mizzouzk

Fly big stuff
Ya but could you imagine the relief we would all feel if we got them that quick?! The only reason I could believe that is because we're the first class of the fiscal year.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
Checking into the FIN-SEL wait...just did fingerprints with the OR today as well. He thinks 2-3 weeks until the letter because they're gonna try and get it to us before holidays...hopefully he's right. I'm holding off on telling my boss until I get that letter, but I want to give enough time for them to find another person for me to train before I have to leave. Anyone else still working dealing with same?
You mean civilian employers? I'm about to get hired on at a good company--could be up to 7 months until I go to OCS, but I need to feed the family. They won't know I'm selected until 2 weeks before I want to stop working. I might have told them sooner if I'd been working there a while

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
One of the DIVOs here at my command asked me today and I said .... pfffttt! JETS! DUH!

I like the idea of P-8s and F-18s. I have been reading gouge on this site for the past week about the NFO pipeline. I would really like to actually see the ship some time in my career.

CCTXNATIVE

Checking into the FIN-SEL wait...just did fingerprints with the OR today as well. He thinks 2-3 weeks until the letter because they're gonna try and get it to us before holidays...hopefully he's right. I'm holding off on telling my boss until I get that letter, but I want to give enough time for them to find another person for me to train before I have to leave. Anyone else still working dealing with same?
Yeah man. I went ahead and told my boss that I was accepted, but did not expect to leave until March. My job requires a TON of specialized training (I work in the marine retail industry) and it usually takes about a year to get up to speed. 6 months should be fine to get someone rolling. I did that so that when the time comes, I'm not screwing anyone over by taking off and leaving the shop to fail

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Yeah man. I went ahead and told my boss that I was accepted, but did not expect to leave until March. My job requires a TON of specialized training (I work in the marine retail industry) and it usually takes about a year to get up to speed. 6 months should be fine to get someone rolling. I did that so that when the time comes, I'm not screwing anyone over by taking off and leaving the shop to fail
I have been working with my employer for over a year trying to give them a heads up on the whole situation. They have been really cool with understanding my goals. I'm in a similar boat, what I do is somewhat specialized and multi-disciplinary so I had to have plenty of time to train someone.

mizzouzk

Fly big stuff
Ok sorry I meant to say Financial Operations Engineer in charge of deposits and withdrawls! I felt bad getting a real job and leaving during the training process. My degree is in finance and marketing so I would assume there wouldve been a lengthy training process if I had a big boy job. I just graduated in may.

Victor de Leon

Ok sorry I meant to say Financial Operations Engineer in charge of deposits and withdrawls! I felt bad getting a real job and leaving during the training process. My degree is in finance and marketing so I would assume there wouldve been a lengthy training process if I had a big boy job. I just graduated in may.

Same boat as you. I interviewed for an engineering job about a week ago and debating whether to take it or not if I'm offered it. The training process takes about 6 months and I would feel bad to leave right after completing it.

Raul B

Right on...yea, one of my buddies' bosses found out before even the board met and fired him then and there. Hoping my bosses level of patriotism is higher than that guy...