• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Active duty get's hard copy orders like with any PCS.. the only difference is that it states the orders are intermittent...so you won't be able to get DLA... i'm single so my transfer process is pretty smooth.. so I can't really answer the questions regarding your dependents. I do have the option to store my HHG in the navy storage.. but that's about it.. I was told that DLA and all the other perks of PCS only occur once i get my final set of orders... hope that helps. I got my FS letter on October 2nd and got my hard copy orders on like October 10th so it's a quick turn around but the FS and the orders are separate.

otejay

Just got my FinSel letter tonight! I was Pro Rec Y SNA from the October 29th. This came way faster than I expected!!!

OCS date Dec 14

Congrats! 6 day turnaround?! Man oh man, they're just going nuts on these SNA FINSELs! I guess since us SWO recruits are in abundance, they need to spread us out across the board

FROG14

Naval Aviator
Congrats! 6 day turnaround?! Man oh man, they're just going nuts on these SNA FINSELs! I guess since us SWO recruits are in abundance, they need to spread us out across the board

Yeah I don't know lol. I will say it's probably because I am age critical and I'm currently in the air guard with a current security clearance. So I'm sure that expedited the process!

mike23!

Didn't know OCS classes were loaded in CANTRAC. ..... sweet deal. I just hope to get a class date that's as soon as possible. I just want to finally be wearing bars.
You lucked out, thats a fast turnarud for you. Are you age critical? Did the letter go to your command or di it get mailed to your house?

otejay

Are we supposed to get something by snail mail? If so, is that how we find out our OCS date or does our recruiter give us a heads up?

Lancerr1

Are we supposed to get something by snail mail? If so, is that how we find out our OCS date or does our recruiter give us a heads up?

The letter is first posted to CIRIMS, then is sent to your OR. He'll send it to you via email or let you know that it's in.

Andy Beezy

Active duty get's hard copy orders like with any PCS.. the only difference is that it states the orders are intermittent...so you won't be able to get DLA... i'm single so my transfer process is pretty smooth.. so I can't really answer the questions regarding your dependents. I do have the option to store my HHG in the navy storage.. but that's about it.. I was told that DLA and all the other perks of PCS only occur once i get my final set of orders... hope that helps. I got my FS letter on October 2nd and got my hard copy orders on like October 10th so it's a quick turn around but the FS and the orders are separate.
Okay. Thanks for the info.

PS1 just wrote me back and said that my family week be able to go back to the states while I'm in OCS.

That really sucks about DLA though. It's going to be an expensive trip for me then. Haha.

Hopefully I can squeeze into that January 18 OCS class.

Hey guys, I got a surprisingly quick turnaround for my FS. It looks like I have a report date of a chilly January 18. Hopefully this bodes well for the rest of you non-prior, non-age critical selectees.
WELCOME to our class.... head on over to the OCS class date forum we have a Facebook group going send the request and I'll approve it and Congratulations.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Have any SWOs from recent boards received their FINSELs yet? Any from the Aug-Oct SWO boards? Trying to get an idea on where the queue's at at the moment.

Curious about this as well. Although I'm wondering if I'll get the traditionally reasonable turnaround time of SWO or the potentially ridiculous wait of IDC (prorec-Y SWO-IW).

priorguy

Have any SWOs from recent boards received their FINSELs yet? Any from the Aug-Oct SWO boards? Trying to get an idea on where the queue's at at the moment.
I got pro rec'd Y for SWO in June - haven't heard a word. Also, judging by the quick turn around for Air designators, it might still be a while for even myself. I believe there were also about 2 or 3 boards after mine and before Oct/Nov. Take a number, folks....