• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Any priors here? I am assuming I don't need to hit MEPS and do another security clearance since the one I have is still active. I could be wrong. I really hope I don't have to live the hell that is MEPS again. Do SNA's need to take a flight physical to get a FS letter?

You have to have a pre-commissioning physical done. If this is done at MEPS where you're at, then yes, you'll have to visit them again. If you can get one done at a post/base near you, then go that route. As for your security clearance, if you already have one that is valid, that will be submitted with your other paperwork.

Still a bit confused

I am still not sure the exact process after pro-rec. I have looked at everything I could find but still don't understand how it goes down.

Pro-rec first.

Then you must submit security clearance info, PRT and MEPS.

With MEPS done and the PRT suspended for the time being, and both rather obvious when you do them, that leaves on the security clearance. What exactly am I supposed to do to get the ball rolling on this. My recruiter isn't giving me any information on it. Was this the NASIS information? If so, is there any way we can verify that it is completed and or being processed?

I have no problem waiting, but I want to make sure that I am getting things done as fast as possible as I turned 26 in September, so I have under a year to complete OCS.

Thanks for any info or insight.

UffDa

Was this the NASIS information? If so, is there any way we can verify that it is completed and or being processed?

Yes, your background investigation starts with you filling out the NASIS and signing the JPAS clearing the government to investigate you. You can ask your OR if they have a signed JPAS, and that should confirm that everything is moving forward.

Community managers need the following to finish a FS letter:
1. MEPS
2. JPAS (Background Investigation)
3. PRT (well, currently this is not a requirement so scratch the PRT)

Keep in mind, there can be a number of various hangups even when you have everything turned in. For example, something might pop up in the background that requires additional paperwork... or something pops up in your medical paperwork that requires attention. Or, they may notice an age issue and need to submit an age waiver. All we can do is check in with our OR's every couple weeks and ask if there are any updates on our file and hope everything is good to go for FS letter purposes.

Good luck getting your FS letter sooner rather than later!

Daniel M

Yesterday I received word that my final select letter had been received. I was pro-rec'd as a pilot in the June board. I will swearing in within the next week or so as soon as I find a good spot in my schedule to get this done. I appreciate all the information the people hear have shared and its really helped and I hope I can continue coming here throughout the coming process of OCS and beyond

bluemarlin04

Does anyone know how it works for those still in their final semester of school? Obviously, I can't ship until I graduate but will the whole process not start until I get my final transcripts saying I finished?

vmiclarkpe

I was pro rec'd for NFO back in March. I've had quite a few issues with lost paperwork and such, but everything has finally been sorted out. I sat down with my security clearance investigator this past week and she has started making the rounds talking to my parents, girlfriend, current employer etc. Is the next step the final select letter? And must my security clearance be granted and completely finished before I receive the final select?

ajalali

pilot
Just got my FS letter today. Feels unreal. The wait was long but so worth it, hang in there dudes.

GrandFromage

Must have been a batch all signed together, got pro recd in August for BDCP, got my FS letter today. Jan 1, 2012...Seems like a long time off.

ajalali

pilot
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Congrats!

Thank you so much man, here are my stats copy and pasted from the March board thread:

SNA
ASTB: 8 9 8/61

21/M
BS Aerospace Engineering, Boston University 2010 -- 2.89 GPA

Athlete (ice hockey), Private Pilot, ex-DOD/government employee

LORs:
3 past employers (one retired AF O-3)
Flight Instructor
2 different hockey coaches
Senior Design Advisor
University Advisor

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
I've entered this un-nerving realm of FS purgatory, pro-rec'd september, MEPS cleared (PQ) and security done, and PRTs are cancelled. Quick question, I read a post from a few years ago by a senior chief (can't find the thread right now) that after pro-rec'd, you complete your FINDOCS or MEDDOCS or whatever they're calling it and then go before a board again. Is this still current gouge? Is there a second boards hurdle to clear?

das

Contributor
After pro-rec, PQ, whatever security milestone your community requires[1], and any other physical testing[2], it's just waiting for Final Select (FINSEL), and then Commissioning Documents (COMM DOCS), which are said to arrive "7 to 10 days" after FINSEL.

[1] For example, an SSBI for a TS clearance usually wouldn't be complete by commissioning, but there is some interim milestone that is acceptable
[2] As you note, locally administered PRTs are apparently suspended until further notice

bwaters

you shouldnt need a flight physical before the FS letter. I am prior, just did another basic MEPS physical and got my FS two weeks ago. The flight physical isn't until after ocs I think...not totally sure on that