• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
you shouldnt need a flight physical before the FS letter. I am prior, just did another basic MEPS physical and got my FS two weeks ago. The flight physical isn't until after ocs I think...not totally sure on that

No flight physical before OCS (at least not for us civilians). The gouge I recieved is that the flight physical is done during Indoc week at OCS. With OCS changing so much lately this might be wrong, but regardless, I think we find out if we're cleared for flying before graduation. Any recent OCS guys confirm/deny this?

Monopatin

Got word on Thursday that I was accepted into the NFO program. My recruiter said the only thing that's left is to wait for the Final Select Letter. I'm in awe at some of the wait times some of you are getting. Guess I just have to be patient then and keep my self busy until then. Still hoping that it comes soon though.

mbraesicke

Ranger
I got pro rec'd last Thursday as well, for SNA, and figured this would probably be the best place to get advise from those that have got stuck between pro rec and FS. I filled out the security questionnaire a year ago when I first applied, since then i've moved, got a new job, graduated, and changed my insurance provider. My OR said we couldn't change anything on the questionnaire, so we submitted it without the updated information. Has anyone had any experience with this? I've got faith in my OR but i'd like to make sure we're doing everything we can to get the paperwork through without a hang up. I was under the impression that between now and the FS they do a basic security check and save the in depth check for late on. Is this the case or can I expect the out of date NASIS/JPAS/we it is to drag me into FS purgatory?

vmiclarkpe

Well according to my recruiter my OCS is in the system as February 20th and my Final Select letter is sitting on someone's desk waiting to be signed...I guess that's a step in the right direction...

bwaters

I went up to the office and swore in today. Finished some last minute paper work and was relieved to finally see my FS letter. OCS is Jan 30th.

SNA
Univ of AZ
prior army
CFII

Braza14

Hey Danny same here......Pro-Rec September CEC Collegiate. My OR tells me that something went wrong with my JPAS application...aarrrrrrr

DannyMac

Braza, do you graduate in May, looking at a summer OCS class I assume? Im not collegiate so im looking for an OCS date sooner than later but I have no idea if its going to be Jan, Feb, March or later. It seems like from the forums people are all over the place and im not sure whether CEC being a small community means ill go quicker or get held back.

My optimistic feeling is that my FS has been sitting on a desk for a while with a nice early 2011 OCS date stamped on it and my OR is just waiting for the official copy before sending it to me. My nightmare is that there is some issue that needs my attention but my OR doesnt know or hasnt checked my file in a month and one day ill get a call that I need to revise something.

You have no idea how many times during my pre-board application period where I would email my OR after a few weeks just to follow up on the status of my application submission and she would say, "oh ya, you need to revise this section" when all along I thought my application was submitted but i guess her processor rejected it and it was just sitting in a pile waiting for me to call so she would look at it. And now when I bug her about an update, she returns the email with a passive aggressive response telling me that she has done her job and that I just need to be patient.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
... And now when I bug her about an update, she returns the email with a passive aggressive response telling me that she has done her job and that I just need to be patient.

Try and contact your processor directly. Some recruiters work differently than others, I've been in touch with both my processor and my recruiter throughout the whole process and even after pro rec my recruiter is the go to guy. However, some recruiters believe that once a package is submitted, it's no longer their problem. For one recruiters process, check out nyusn.blogspot.com under Malibu's SOP.