• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

reFLYluwasch

pilot
Sadly, I know at least one other 31 AUG person who is still waiting for his FINSEL... Hopefully they'll all be coming out soon, it seems like whatever the delay was over the last couple of weeks, they're sending letters out again, which can only be good for everyone.

Congrats Fronch. I'm still waiting from the February SNA/NFO board and haven't been penciled in for any class yet. On the upside, I've lost 10 lbs here in "Purgatory" :) Although you're IW, I'll take your FINSEL as a good sign for the rest of us.

gianc006

Sadly, I know at least one other 31 AUG person who is still waiting for his FINSEL... Hopefully they'll all be coming out soon, it seems like whatever the delay was over the last couple of weeks, they're sending letters out again, which can only be good for everyone.
I was pro-rec for SWO in June found out yesterday I am going to OCS 31AUG. Dumb question but what is FINSEL? Also I never got a call from the investigator either, called my recruiter today to see if I did get the SC but never returned my call. Don't know if he is out for the holiday.

T-Machine

obtuse_triangle.png

I can confirm that the blue angles will be in Traverse City this week.
Well played sir.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
obtuse_triangle.png

I can confirm that the blue angles will be in Traverse City this week.
Well played sir.
Concur, great to see you Dudes with a sense of humor, and not easily offended. This quality will serve you well in your Squadron "Play Pens", er... Ready Rooms, both in the VTs, and the fleet.;)

BTW, tiny, obscure little slips like this, often give birth to career-long nicknames. I could easily envision a LT Joe "Angles" Mxtplk painted on a panel just under the canopy of his sleek Hornet!:D
BzB

vladivostok391

Lieutenant, U.S. Navy
I was pro-rec for SWO in June found out yesterday I am going to OCS 31AUG. Dumb question but what is FINSEL?

"FINSEL" or "FS" is your Final Select Letter. Basically, it's a one-pager from the Navy that congratulates you on being PROREC'd and officially assigns an OCS class date to you. Some people find out their class date "unofficially" through their OR, but it means nothing until that golden letter arrives. After you receive a FINSEL, you're out of Purgatory (hooray!!!) and pretty much just need to await your actual orders to report to Newport. Hope that helps clarify!

Congrats, BTW, on the SWO PROREC.

triplej88

From a fellow Pro-Y NFO, it took about 5 1/2 months to get a prospective date, and then it moved a month further away. I still don't have my Final Select and it's going on 7 months. Part of my issue was that I was waiting for a rolled Intel board until Feb/March. Once I was Pro-N from that I "officially" started my wait, since Intel was my #1 choice when I applied.

I was originally told I would be in the September class, with several other December board applicants, but have since been changed to October. I don't expect you to wait as long though because there was an issue with over scheduling classes this summer.

Try not to get too antsy waiting for the letter (easier said than done I know)! It was a tough wait when I thought it was constantly around the corner. Just make sure you spend your time getting physically and mentally prepared and it will come soon enough. I got a summer gig to help pass the time. You can get much better gouge for when you'll be leaving from threads like NOPO's and here than your OR, in my experience. Cheers to waiting :cool:

Just found out the other day that I have an unofficial date of November 2nd. Hoping that sticks, but I am not giving work notice or anything ha ha. What kind of workout are you doing to prepare?

Mozart

Well I had an unofficial OCS ship date of Sept21 but a recent emergency appendectomy may push it out further. Hopefully I can get paperwork in and It wont delay things. FML

exNavyOffRec

Well I had an unofficial OCS ship date of Sept21 but a recent emergency appendectomy may push it out further. Hopefully I can get paperwork in and It wont delay things. FML

communicate with your Doctor about the physical activity you will be doing in OCS, you need to make sure you are back to 100%, the worst thing you can do is going to OCS when you aren't fully recovered and ready.

Reactions: m26

CmichRugger12

PRO-Y NFO
What kind of workout are you doing to prepare?

Well, I'm doing manual labor 40 hours a week, so that keeps me on my feet a lot. I try to make sure I'm doing some sort of workout everyday. Whether that is running, lifting (rotating between chest/shoulders/legs and supporting muscle groups, with core each time), biking, and the occasional lap swim when I can fit it in. I'm just making sure I don't overdo anything. Once my FS Letter arrives I'll put in my two weeks at work, and spend that last month or so kicking up the intensity. I've made sure to focus on body weight workouts and endurance specifically, because I've always been the powerlifter/sprinter type.

I've really enjoyed my workouts so far. Swimming laps and breathing exercises in the pool have helped with the transition to endurance workouts tremendously. How about you?

CAJ0520

Hoping to get FINSEL in the next two weeks....Aug 31st should be done.

The wait is brutal!
I just got Pro-Y last week and I am hoping for the Finsel in a few weeks too. I don't care if the odds are low I still am hoping for it. :D NOPO mentioned it could happen so I will hope that they just flood us with Finsels at the end of July for last board and this most recent one.