• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Aris

NavyGuy05
May board as well. Had to sign a couple of sheets regarding background checks several weeks ago and as of last week my FINSEL is at the PM. Waiting for an update today from my recruiter

thuntfx2

May board as well. Had to sign a couple of sheets regarding background checks several weeks ago and as of last week my FINSEL is at the PM. Waiting for an update today from my recruiter

Is it typical to receive finsel before they interview you for BG check? Or have you done this?

kalamity116

ProRec SNA/NFO
I haven't gotten called for anything background related yet. However, I did have to sign some sheets (last few pages of the SF-86) and get my fingerprints done prior to my application being sent up to NRC for the boards.

I was probably issued an OCS date quicker because I already have a secret clearance so my BC was completed very quickly. I am just waiting on the FINSEL to be signed and according to my OR that should be this week.

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
May board - no FS or background check activity yet (FS is at PM) - hoping NationalOPO provides an update sometime this week on the FS letters

thuntfx2

I'm thinking Friday to mid next week to at least hear class date. They're moving quickly it looks like

I hope so. I'm excited to get some news soon and hopefully the OCS date is sooner rather than later. I took a computer programming job after my graduation and after being pro rec-y SNA I can't get anything done here with that on my mind. Ask me if I'd rather fly aircraft please....

Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle?

Is a frogs ass water tight???

avid

Pro Rec Y SNA
I was probably issued an OCS date quicker because I already have a secret clearance so my BC was completed very quickly. I am just waiting on the FINSEL to be signed and according to my OR that should be this week.

I too have a secret clearance already, but have not heard anything from my chain regarding a FINSEL.

brogdawg32

@JackThoma5 I think more of us then we know have been "pencilled in" for a certain date, maybe just not updated in CIRIMS yet, so a lot of us could already be "scheduled" for a date. I'm not sure the clearance effected it, moreso your OR talking to that guy who does OCS scheduling and just finding out your class date early.

Just my guess :)

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
When my OR called with the board results in May, she said she would call back later that week to schedule a meeting to sign whatever forms (My BC was already completed last year) and get the FINSEL generated. Not a peep from her since, not answering any form of communication. I wonder what I should do at this point.