• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

theghettodefendant

None
There seems to be some confusion, you don't "request your final select" once a person is pro rec Y there is a list of things must be completed or met, once those are done then the FS paperwork is automatically processed by NRC, now if you are waiting on a board then yes you do have to let your recruiter know that you wish to forgo the other boards and be processed for what you were already pro rec for.

The status "awaiting FS, or awaiting FS signature" is just that a status, a person can sit in that status for days, weeks, months, or in one case years (IP), just because one person goes to that status and then has the letter arrive at the NRD in a week doesn't mean everyones will.

Ahh this is what I figured, ive done all the other paperwork. After looking through this though I thought maybe my FS was taking so long because I hadn't officially requested it, thanks for clearing that up.

Areum

There seems to be some confusion, you don't "request your final select" once a person is pro rec Y there is a list of things must be completed or met, once those are done then the FS paperwork is automatically processed by NRC, now if you are waiting on a board then yes you do have to let your recruiter know that you wish to forgo the other boards and be processed for what you were already pro rec for.

The status "awaiting FS, or awaiting FS signature" is just that a status, a person can sit in that status for days, weeks, months, or in one case years (IP), just because one person goes to that status and then has the letter arrive at the NRD in a week doesn't mean everyones will.

thanks for the info, i'm new to this process myself. Do you know what the checklist is of stuff you have to complete to even get "awaiting FS" status? like medical or security stuff?

exNavyOffRec

thanks for the info, i'm new to this process myself. Do you know what the checklist is of stuff you have to complete to even get "awaiting FS" status? like medical or security stuff?

generally you need to be PQ via N3M and your investigation has to be in "open" status.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
From the sound of things and speaking with the commander, looks as if the FY14 quotas are full. Meaning the next possible time would be June/July FY15.

Let me know if I'm mistaking

Congrats on the baby.
Could be. Its backed up. Ensigns from FY 13 have to wait till FY15 to class up because there is no money and right now there are over 100 Ensigns waiting to class up (both SNA and SNFO). Then you have to account for all of ROTC and USNA graduates that will be commissioning in May. Current OCS graduates are going home for 7 weeks to OHARP.

SH4D0W

@JamesL37,

It's kinda creepy, but I saw you post up and then not 2 minutes later my cell rings and my OR tells me the EXACT same thing: Awaiting PM. He emailed me a screenshot of it to prove it to me. Got some room in the wait-boat?
Also - haven't forum-creeped in a few days - but my OR confirmed that certain designations are indeed being rolled into the next fiscal year, FY15 (Oct 2014 - Sep 2015); i.e SWO (didn't ask about other designations). I've been waiting since July 2013, but it'll be worth it to earn some butterbars!
Hope that helps others out there that feel the same way I do. Tic-toc goes the clock...

theghettodefendant

None
@JamesL37,

It's kinda creepy, but I saw you post up and then not 2 minutes later my cell rings and my OR tells me the EXACT same thing: Awaiting PM. He emailed me a screenshot of it to prove it to me. Got some room in the wait-boat?
Also - haven't forum-creeped in a few days - but my OR confirmed that certain designations are indeed being rolled into the next fiscal year, FY15 (Oct 2014 - Sep 2015); i.e SWO (didn't ask about other designations). I've been waiting since July 2013, but it'll be worth it to earn some butterbars!
Hope that helps others out there that feel the same way I do. Tic-toc goes the clock...
Damn pushed all the way back to october, that would suck guess I'm going to have to give my OR a call on Monday.

Areum

@JamesL37,

I'm pretty sure that INTEL is one of the designators that has been pushed back to FY '15. sounds like SWO is too from the scuttlebutt

JamesL37

@JamesL37,

Does that mean I won't be able to go to OCS until October or get commissioned until October (i.e. OCS being 3 months, go to OCS in July)? And is everyone in SWO getting rolled or only some?

JamesL37

It is just a status, I have seen FS letters sit there for days or months, it just depends when they can fit you in OCS

Thanks for the clarification. Any further words on the current status of the SWO community? Are they still working out the "funding issues" or "accession plans"? If so, when do they usually finish those things? After USNA and ROTC admission results come out? Sorry that was a lot of questions. Just super antsy right now.

exNavyOffRec

Does that mean I won't be able to go to OCS until October or get commissioned until October (i.e. OCS being 3 months, go to OCS in July)? And is everyone in SWO getting rolled or only some?

FY15 accession means a person that is commissioned after Oct 1 2014

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the clarification. Any further words on the current status of the SWO community? Are they still working out the "funding issues" or "accession plans"? If so, when do they usually finish those things? After USNA and ROTC admission results come out? Sorry that was a lot of questions. Just super antsy right now.

USNA and ROTC have minimal affect, they know how many will graduate and they get a specific number of spots for each designator.

RUFi0181 would have better status update on SWO, last time it took a while to fix this issue