• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Joshua Baker

ehh just pick up Bremington orders lol. I hear Washington is great.... Coming from a career Kings Bay sailor.

If only!! From what I hear, Bremerton is not on option for your first tour as a SWO, or I totally would. That would save me from the headache of a PCS. My kids are happy here, my wife is happy here, AND we have both our families right down the street! We are kind of spoiled. I started out in Kings bay on the USS KY, but when it transferred to WA, I went with it.....and I've been here every since. That was 10-ish years ago.

exNavyOffRec

If only!! From what I hear, Bremerton is not on option for your first tour as a SWO, or I totally would. That would save me from the headache of a PCS. My kids are happy here, my wife is happy here, AND we have both our families right down the street! We are kind of spoiled. I started out in Kings bay on the USS KY, but when it transferred to WA, I went with it.....and I've been here every since. That was 10-ish years ago.

I know SWO's that have been stationed in Bremerton, but second tour, they have said though that Everett is much easier.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My age waiver doesn't expire until December of this year, but it would be nice to not have to sit in purgatory that long. I have a house to sell, and a wife, and four kids in tow, so the more I know, the easier it is.
Yo Josh, hang in there... they are aware of your age issue, you'll get your FS/OCS date in time. The Navy can't afford to lose Dudes like you!:)
BzB, prior ET2 (SS)

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
Ive been wondering why you look soo familiar. I think you were a couple classes ahead of me in A-school. Consider I got to my first boat 31OCT2003. Was Bates and Lions one of your instructors?

Joshua Baker

Ive been wondering why you look soo familiar. I think you were a couple classes ahead of me in A-school. Consider I got to my first boat 31OCT2003. Was Bates and Lions one of your instructors?

Yes Bates was one of my instructors. Last I checked he was an LDO on the Frank Cable (my boats tender). I left Kings Bay in September of 03.

Joshua Baker

I know SWO's that have been stationed in Bremerton, but second tour, they have said though that Everett is much easier.

We have discussed possible orders to Everett, because we literally live two stops lights from the ferry that would take me to that side of the water, but the commute would be killer. Any where from 2-4 hours a day depending on the big city traffic .

SH4D0W

Purgatory? That sums it up well, although I feel like I'm still in the Inferno. I was Pro-Rec for SWO back in July. To the best of my knowledge, I have completed everything (NASIS, NAMI, MEPS, paperwork, etc) and I am still waiting. My favorite part is that today my OR decided not to deal with me anymore and delegated me to one of her staffers instead. I'm waiting on my FINSEL and I believe (although I've been told by two people two conflicting reports) I need to speak with an investigator to complete my background check.

I figured six months would be the approximate wait time for Pro-Rec to FINSEL. Anyone have any information to verify this wait time? OR told me it was because of the 2014 budget not passing.

dschorr

OCS 20JUL2014
Purgatory? That sums it up well, although I feel like I'm still in the Inferno. I was Pro-Rec for SWO back in July. To the best of my knowledge, I have completed everything (NASIS, NAMI, MEPS, paperwork, etc) and I am still waiting. My favorite part is that today my OR decided not to deal with me anymore and delegated me to one of her staffers instead. I'm waiting on my FINSEL and I believe (although I've been told by two people two conflicting reports) I need to speak with an investigator to complete my background check.

I figured six months would be the approximate wait time for Pro-Rec to FINSEL. Anyone have any information to verify this wait time? OR told me it was because of the 2014 budget not passing.

I was PROREC Y for SNA on May 08 2013. I did not get my FINSEL until last Thursday, January 16, 2014. I hope for you that it is coming soon, but I waited eight months.

gvillaneng

Pro-Rec CEC

I would think you need to speak with the investigator to finish up your clearance. Everyone I have know to get a clearance, at least sits down with them and they discuss your paperwork and history.

ironhead79ltc

Chain of command called Millington and they told them could be 3 to 5 months before getting orders to OCS for SWO from the December board

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
I don't like calling Millington. I call to ask about my age waiver that expires in June and all the tell me is that they are currently sending out class up dates of March 16th right now. Which would put me 2 weeks past my age waiver upon commission. Every time I call I hear something else which leads me to the no news is good news and hurry up and wait.