• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
Hi all, checking in to final select purgatory. Pro-Rec Y for INTEL from the March 2015 board. Waiting to go to MEPS and to do my interview with the Special Security Officer.

exNavyOffRec

I checked with my recruiter today to see if there were any updates with my Finsel letter. He told me that all it shows in the system that I will attend OCS in FY16 and that this meant that it could be as early as October 1, 2015 or as late at August 31, 2016. However, im wondering when it says FY16 if this really means that I will commission in FY16 so I could actually be attending classes starting in July. Maybe @NavyOffRec can comment on this!

FY 16 means go to OCS in later July 2015 to June 2016

mz247

My recruiter said my FINSEL is still being routed up through Millington. I'm not sure if that has any significance whatsoever, but I figured I'd share. She's hopeful that I'll findout within the next week.

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
@RUFiO181 here's what my processor sent me:

CONCUR WITH PQ. BOARD S 13900. JPAS VERIFIED. SCROLL SUBMITTED. WITHIN HT/WT. OCS 16AUG2015. REC SL

Hoping to get your thoughts since you said that the August (and later) lists haven't been released yet.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
Not that I mind or am worried about it but does anyone know if a civilian has to do a PFA before reporting to OCS?

kITTY pURRY

Not that I mind or am worried about it but does anyone know if a civilian has to do a PFA before reporting to OCS?

My recruiter said that after receiving a FinSel letter, you are then technically under the charge of your recruiting division (or something like that), and would have to do a PFA whenever they have one scheduled. Of course, I may be totally wrong on that. I just know I may have to do one in June, even though I haven't even received a final selection or OCS date yet.

ClassyGent23

9 week and counting. But I do have some updates! My recruiter said all that my FINSEL is waiting for is the signature and to be assigned an OCS date and then it will get sent out. But he said that it could be soon or it could be awhile still.

Does anyone know how long that part generally takes?

mz247

I was under the impression that marines you need to do PFA prior to OCS, but I didn't think Navy had anything like that.

I remember way back when I was filling out my paperwork someone asked me if I did the PFA before sending out my kit, I said no, and they said it was just something to make me more competitive.

But, I don't know all that much either lol I could be wrong

Bluecore

9 week and counting. But I do have some updates! My recruiter said all that my FINSEL is waiting for is the signature and to be assigned an OCS date and then it will get sent out. But he said that it could be soon or it could be awhile still.

Does anyone know how long that part generally takes?

That's basically purgatory. After you are PRO REC Y, your status is that your FINSEL is sitting on someones desk waiting for a signature and a date. I've been in that same situation since October of last year :(

MemphisBell

pilot
Just got an email today from my OR saying I am slated for the 26 July class! Still waiting on the FINSEL letter so he said not to quit my job yet, but hopefully it doesn't change!

That's awesome bkos1207!! Nice to see many of the SNA's from the April board getting dates already. Hopefully the trend will continue!

ClassyGent23

That's basically purgatory. After you are PRO REC Y, your status is that your FINSEL is sitting on someones desk waiting for a signature and a date. I've been in that same situation since October of last year :(

Gotcha! I figured as much, but it was nice to get news that I was actually waiting for a signature. I was told that the the security stuff was finished in 3 or 4 weeks and it has been waiting ever since.

I guess that is what happens s with a lot of SWO selects