• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since my last post, but I thought I'd share some info. I've been in purgatory since I was pro-rec'd waaay back in October because I still don't have a FS Select letter in hand. My unofficial ship date is August 28, but I'm still in the holding pattern until the FY12 numbers are approved.

With that said, I called my recruiter earlier today and he said that 'they' (not sure who 'they' are) were calling around looking for people that would be available to leave early on June 26 to fill some vacant spots. I told him I would be available to leave ASAP and he said he would make a note of it even though I don't have a letter yet. But for you guys with FS letters with dates later in the year, you might wanna give your recruiter a call if you wanna leave earlier. Good Luck!

Do you have any more details about that? I'd be interested; but I'd like to have more than hearsay to bring to my recruiter.

lowster

I got the call too. They want to get the BDCP people on payroll to actually do something instead of sitting around collecting a paycheck. Recruiter said they may not have a choice because technically they are active duty. BDCP NFO and BDCP SNA had first priority to switch.

poobear24

Purgatory Over!

Hi Everyone! I'm happy to report that I received my Final Select Letter after waiting 8 months. The wait sucked, but was definitely worth it. I was orginally scheduled to leave August 28, but now officially slated to leave October 23 (1 year from original Pro-Rec). Very excited and can't wait to start! Good luck to everyone!

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Congratulations!

How'd you have an August date before getting a FS letter? Was that just some tentative date your recruiter/processor was hoping to get you into?

ker986

FS IW
Congratulations!

How'd you have an August date before getting a FS letter? Was that just some tentative date your recruiter/processor was hoping to get you into?

From what my recruiter has told me a tentative class date often begins to show up in OTOOLs before your official FS letter is signed. I was told last week that I will likely be in the Nov 13th class, but that we are still waiting on a signature.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I'm finally OUT! Good Luck to all and Congrats again! I would post a date but due to a wrist injury my date may change again..

bwh06b

FS SNA
Congrats, I know you've been waiting a long time for your date. I thought I had one. My Recruiter called me on June 2nd, right after my wedding rehearsal, and told me that he might be able to get me into the 26 JUNE class. He ended up not being able to get me in, but I was thinking the end was in sight for a minute. I'm just trying to stay busy and out of trouble in the meantime.

R

russellf54

Hi Everyone! I'm happy to report that I received my Final Select Letter after waiting 8 months. The wait sucked, but was definitely worth it. I was orginally scheduled to leave August 28, but now officially slated to leave October 23 (1 year from original Pro-Rec). Very excited and can't wait to start! Good luck to everyone!

SAME HERE. Originally in august...told I could go in June ("wasn't approved")...now going october 23.

ker986

FS IW
I'm finally out as well! My FS letter came in today and it looks like I'll be headed to OCS for the Nov 13th class.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Dang, what happened to your wrist? Or should I ask?

Also, congratulations Katie on officially being in our class!

Lucy

Congrats to all the new final selects! Oct/Nov will be here before you know it. Tbc take care of that wrist!