• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Letter

pensfan341

yes my OR is aware of my situation and he has assured me several times that everything will be taken care of before I leave. I just hope everything works out and falls into place by then.

Phoenix289

API- Whiting for Primary
I managed to get sworn in while back in the States over Christmas break from my school in London. I can't believe it took until January to finally get my commissioning docs after getting pro-rec'd in October. I guess it's not too bad considering my OR said he's seen it take 6 months before. Now I just have to figure out where to get my military I.D. around London, most US bases are kind of far in the UK.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
I managed to get sworn in while back in the States over Christmas break from my school in London. I can't believe it took until January to finally get my commissioning docs after getting pro-rec'd in October. I guess it's not too bad considering my OR said he's seen it take 6 months before. Now I just have to figure out where to get my military I.D. around London, most US bases are kind of far in the UK.

Please un-confuse me. You're a college junior studying abroad. Your profile says that you are doing BDCP and expect to be a SNA in 2011. So why is your post talking about commissioning documents that were "finally" received this month? If you really got COMDOCS, it sounds to me like they're more than a year early! Please tell me that you're not an Ensign now.

pensfan341

FYI - my final select letter came in today, I will be swearing in today in under 2 hours. I will finally be in the Navy and the BDCP program and will be glad to answer any questions

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
FYI - my final select letter came in today, I will be swearing in today in under 2 hours. I will finally be in the Navy and the BDCP program and will be glad to answer any questions

Congrats on the FS letter pens! It feels good doesn't it?? Good luck and keep your grades up.....hopefully I'll see you in the fleet.

Phoenix289

API- Whiting for Primary
Please un-confuse me. You're a college junior studying abroad. Your profile says that you are doing BDCP and expect to be a SNA in 2011. So why is your post talking about commissioning documents that were "finally" received this month? If you really got COMDOCS, it sounds to me like they're more than a year early! Please tell me that you're not an Ensign now.

You're right, it wasn't COMDOCS, I misspoke. I just got my final select and swore in. That took longer than expected. I won't be commissioned until after OCS when I graduate in 2011 obviously, I am considered an E-3 now however.

gb21

I have still been waiting for my final select letter since I was pro rec'd in Aug. This wait has been crazy!

blarged

ready
I have still been waiting for my final select letter since I was pro rec'd in Aug. This wait has been crazy!

I know it. I was pro-rec May and swore in October. Some people just end up waiting a lot longer than others. Keeping in touch is all you can do for now.

Phoenix289

API- Whiting for Primary
August to February is ridiculous! What took it so long? I got mine early January after being pro-rec'd in October. I feel like an ass for whining about that wait. But it does feel pretty great once you swear in, had my Dad do mine (Retired O-5).

Topper Harley

Good NEWS everyone!
FS before September.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I had PRK done on January 21st 2010 and I'm not doing my 6 month waiting period before i can go to my pro-rec board which I think will be the July board. My question is that I've will be starting school at my University in September and I'm worried that I will not get my final select and get sworn in before school starts and I really need the BDCP money for school and housing. If am I pro-rec'd in July is it possible to get my FS and get sworn in before September?
Thank you,
Topper

blarged

ready
I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I had PRK done on January 21st 2010 and I'm not doing my 6 month waiting period before i can go to my pro-rec board which I think will be the July board. My question is that I've will be starting school at my University in September and I'm worried that I will not get my final select and get sworn in before school starts and I really need the BDCP money for school and housing. If am I pro-rec'd in July is it possible to get my FS and get sworn in before September?
Thank you,
Topper

Is it possible, yes. Is it likely, no.

There was one girl on here sometime last year that got pro-rec'd an was at OCS within a few weeks. Talk about a crazy turnaround time! Look into loans if you need them.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Thank you,
Topper

FWIW

I went to the FEB boards,
Pro Rec'd In MAR
FS and Swore in by APR (Last Year)