• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Letter

pensfan341

On October 31st I found out that I was pro rec'd for Supply BDCP. At that time my OR instructed me that in about 3 weeks I should be getting a final select letter. It has now been four weeks. Is there any reason I should be worried? is there anyone I should be calling and bugging to see what is going on?

Thanks for the advice

Ezekiel

Falling, with style
None
Bug your OR incessantly. He shouldn't have a week where you haven't called him at least once. After you get your final select and swear in, you can lay off a little.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Bug your OR incessantly. He shouldn't have a week where you haven't called him at least once. After you get your final select and swear in, you can lay off a little.

I don't know if "Bugging your OR incessantly" is necessarily good advice. There's a difference between being persistent and being down right annoying.

Your OR will call you about your status once it is up in the system. And to be completely honest, I think you need to chill out a bit. It's only been 4 weeks. I've been waiting for 4 almost 5 months. There are people from JUNE boards who are STILL waiting. This is just part of the game man and everyone has to play it.

Sit back, PT, have a few drinks, and continue to wait. You calling and bugging your OR every second of the day is not going to make CNRC generate your letter any faster. Call and ask for an update and politely ask if he/she will call you as soon as they know anything or ask when you should call to check in for an update again.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
I would call your recruiter once a week until you get sworn in. He can't make others work any faster but I think one 60-second phone call to ask if there is any updates once a week is not asking for too much.

Sit back, PT, have a few drinks, and continue to wait.

Thow in some tail-chasing and you'll be set.

Ezekiel

Falling, with style
None
Average timeframe is about 1 to 3 months. Don't forget the holidays play a factor.

Agreed. 4 weeks is not really anything get nervous over. I was pro-rec in January, final select shortly thereafter, but didn't swear in until March.

flopper

It has now been four weeks. Is there any reason I should be worried? is there anyone I should be calling and bugging to see what is going on?

Thanks for the advice

I'm sure you've heard the expression that no news is good news. Just be patient, it will come. Remember that the military is a branch of the government that is impeded by bureaucracy. No one is in a rush to put you on the breadline.

pensfan341

Your OR will call you about your status once it is up in the system. And to be completely honest, I think you need to chill out a bit. It's only been 4 weeks. I've been waiting for 4 almost 5 months. There are people from JUNE boards who are STILL waiting.

You've been waiting almost 5 months from being pro rec'd to getting your final select letter???

I am just trying to clarify because that is loads more time than I expected.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
You've been waiting almost 5 months from being pro rec'd to getting your final select letter???

I am just trying to clarify because that is loads more time than I expected.

I got Pro-Rec'd in August. With the exception of a few things I had to wait for to happen, along with getting my security clearance crap all out of the way (see August board thread), yes I have been waiting.

It sucks man, but its part of the game. You do what you can and then wait until Big Navy tells you to make the next move. As SWOHopeful said, FS can be as fast as 1 month, or take 3 months or longer.

P.S - From pittsburgh here too. I live in Cranberry Township in Butler county.

acwildcat

pilot
On October 31st I found out that I was pro rec'd for Supply BDCP. At that time my OR instructed me that in about 3 weeks I should be getting a final select letter. It has now been four weeks. Is there any reason I should be worried? is there anyone I should be calling and bugging to see what is going on?

Thanks for the advice

I got my Pro-Rec in February but I didn't swear in until July. So I would definitely not worry. Keep on top of your OR and ask him if there is anything you can do to help expedite the process but its going to mostly just be whenever the Navy gets around to it.

Phoenix289

API- Whiting for Primary
I was pro-rec'd for SNA just this October. My OR said it would be 2-3 weeks before getting my medical and security cleared before getting the final select letter and being sworn in. This past week(which was 1 month) he let me know that my medical was cleared and I will be getting my final select signed in the next week which is now and still hasn't happened. I'm actually studying abroad in London at the moment so after I get my final select they have to send the docs over here so I can be sworn in at the U.S. Embassy. I just want to get sworn in ASAP because I hear it takes about another month to start getting paid and I could really use the cash at the moment!

Koneface86

Pro Rec SWO
pens...although i certainly do not agree with your choice of NHL teams, i can sympathize with your situation...i was pro rec'd in late october and my app saw the oct boards...im still waiting and my pft was done THAT week and my clearance and meps was before i even applied (i originally DEP'd in) so I figured I would be on the fast track right???...WRONG...my buddy is in da 'stan (as he calls it)...he simply said (after hearing my situation) "welcome to the united states armed forces"...guess that sums it up for us...hang in there...after looking at the oct '09 boards thread...we are certainly not alone

pensfan341

Yeah I had MEPS and pft and all that done before I even applied.

I am just freaking out a little bit because I am studying abroad in Rome, I will be out of the country from Jan 14th to May 24 and I need to get it done before then.

O, and according to my recruiter my final select letter has been drawn off, or printed, or whatever you want to call it, and is just waiting to be signed by the appropriate people.

Phoenix - check your PM

redsox06

BDCP SWO
Yeah I had MEPS and pft and all that done before I even applied.

I am just freaking out a little bit because I am studying abroad in Rome, I will be out of the country from Jan 14th to May 24 and I need to get it done before then.

O, and according to my recruiter my final select letter has been drawn off, or printed, or whatever you want to call it, and is just waiting to be signed by the appropriate people.

Phoenix - check your PM

Have you told your OR about studying abroad? I was in a similar situation. I was pro-rec'd in FEB 09, and by APR I still hadn't received my final select, and I was leaving for an internship for the summer in May. I explained this to my OR, and he sent an email to someone at Millington (explaining that I'd be leaving the area soon), and I had my final select within a few days and swore-in right before I left for the summer.