• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm In

kung

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just found out that I have been final selected for BDCP supply. I had to post it here because most people are not familiar with BDCP and don't understand how important this is.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone on this site because this website has been a tremendous help for my application process.

I go see the recruiter tomorrow and swear in. Can't wait to see the first paycheck.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I have dibs on april 15th for the pool ;)

And congratulations!

Congrats on your final selection, swearing in is a really great end to the long (long) application process. Takes about a month for that first check...I swore in 07FEB06 and haven't gotten my first one yet. OSO says mid march...hope so :)

Congrats again!

KBayDog

kung said:
Can't wait to see the first paycheck.

RichardDelk said:
Takes about a month for that first check...I swore in 07FEB06 and haven't gotten my first one yet.

Listen to yourselves - are you sure you were accepted for a Navy commissioning program, and not Welfare?

nugget81

pilot
KBayDog said:
Listen to yourselves - are you sure you were accepted for a Navy commissioning program, and not Welfare?

You're forgetting something - BDCP is a college program, i.e. we are poor college kids! BTW, I'm still waiting for the food stamps they promised....

Congrats!!

KBayDog said:

nugget81 said:
You're forgetting something - BDCP is a college program, i.e. we are poor college kids! BTW, I'm still waiting for the food stamps they promised....

Congrats!!

Indeed ;)

Anyway, I didn't join the Navy to get BDCP money, but if I get accepted to BDCP, what's the harm in being happy with the money?

KBayDog

RichardDelk said:
Anyway, I didn't join the Navy to get BDCP money, but if I get accepted to BDCP, what's the harm in being happy with the money?

No harm at all...unless you can't take the constant inter-service ribbing that is a fact of life in the military :)

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
nugget81 said:

Congrats!!

That's the problem with BDCP...going to OCS is a step down in your lifestyle. You get E-3/E-4 pay for doing nothing during BDCP, then at OCS they take away your BAH (if you're single), bump you up to E-5 and make you jump through a bunch of hoops.

There was a NUPOC in my class who was in the program since his sophomore year, and he was bumped up to E-7 for referring someone to the program. He rolled during the 2nd week, and had been at OCS for 6 months before rolling into out class. He even got to take leave during GTX because he was in a use/lose status. It gets better, he had the gall to say "I took a pay cut to come to OCS...they took away my BAH" I wanted to fvcking smack him.

Ex Rigger

pilot
Thisguy said:
There was a NUPOC in my class who was in the program since his sophomore year, and he was bumped up to E-7 for referring someone to the program.
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly does the Navy get out of this program. I don't understand why the Navy should make some civilian guy a Chief overnight. What exactly is the point....why not just get the guys from OCS. (no offense to the BDCP guys....just wondering what the aim of the program is exactly)