• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select and COMDOCS

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Persistence is key when it comes to getting thins accomplished. My affiliation paperwork is finally being processed at the NOSC. Hopefully I can start drilling soon. :)

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Persistence is key when it comes to getting thins accomplished. My affiliation paperwork is finally being processed at the NOSC. Hopefully I can start drilling soon. :)
I know it's been a while for you, but can you recall about how long it took before you were 'gained' by your local NOSC? I'm getting the "Don't call us, we'll call you" treatment.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Citizen Sailor, Gentleman Farmer
Took me about a month. You have ID card? Of course they say don't call us...then they will not call you either.

I called OR after I received ID card at week 3 after commissioning. I asked when to expect the call/letter from the NOSC. Come to find out I was due to drill that weekend (in 3 days) and no one had called me.

Where you located?

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Took me about a month. You have ID card? Of course they say don't call us...then they will not call you either.

I called OR after I received ID card at week 3 after commissioning. I asked when to expect the call/letter from the NOSC. Come to find out I was due to drill that weekend (in 3 days) and no one had called me.

Where you located?
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to give them a call today, as it's been about a week since my last "Hey you, it's me" routine. I'm located in San Antonio. I have a CAC, but's it a civilian one, so it only gets me base access and the ability to check mail from hone.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

Your Civ CAC will allow you to go to Millconnect website and when you see the Reserve info loaded there you can then go to ID office and get Reserve CAC.

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
I know it's been a while for you, but can you recall about how long it took before you were 'gained' by your local NOSC?

It took me about two months, but that was over the holidays. Similarly to AQ, I had to keep calling them and found out a week or so before I was due to drill.

I was in a similar situation as you (civ CAC already), I'd suggest getting a new CAC as soon as you are able to (keep checking DEERS until your MIL tab shows up) so that you can purchase uniforms and get on some of the Navy sites.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
It took me about two months, but that was over the holidays. Similarly to AQ, I had to keep calling them and found out a week or so before I was due to drill.

I was in a similar situation as you (civ CAC already), I'd suggest getting a new CAC as soon as you are able to (keep checking DEERS until your MIL tab shows up) so that you can purchase uniforms and get on some of the Navy sites.
Oddly, enough, I was able to get a set of khakis already with all the misc. bits, but that's b/c the cashier didn't really check my ID.; Forgot to mention that my CAC also allows access to a number of sites, like the community SharePoint, plus JO Apply and the e-learning portal. Can't access NKO, however.

unbroken

Naval officer
Oddly, enough, I was able to get a set of khakis already with all the misc. bits, but that's b/c the cashier didn't really check my ID.; Forgot to mention that my CAC also allows access to a number of sites, like the community SharePoint, plus JO Apply and the e-learning portal. Can't access NKO, however.

How long ago did you commission?

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
How long ago did you commission?
I commissioned on 04 APR 16. Called over to the NOSC today, and my OR said that I won't be gained until I show up on the muster report from a drill weekend. It's nice to know that, but would have been useful on the day of commissioning, as that weekend was also a drill weekend. So, I'm basically left waiting for the MAY drill weekend to roll around. First-world problems, to be sure, but a bit frustrating when you're trying to be proactive and folks just aren't giving you information in a timely fashion.

BigTooona

Reserve AEDO
a bit frustrating when you're trying to be proactive and folks just aren't giving you information in a timely fashion

I agree wholeheartedly. The most difficult part of this DCO process so far has been trying to figure out how to get plugged in. You really do have to stay on top of things if you want to see any progress.

AQ-AT-NAVCIV

You will still have the April drills to "make up". I did not figure that out until months later when my admin told me they plugged the drills from my first commission month into a weekday drill I was doing.