• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select and COMDOCS

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Good news: I just heard from my OR that my final select/COMDOCs have arrived!!!

Bad news: I am currently out of town working. Do the COMDOCS have an 'expiration date'? I won't be in town to sign anything for about 2 weeks. Can they wait that long or do I need to find some way to get back home ASAP?

Don't get me wrong, I want to commission ASAP!!! I will move heaven and earth to get home to do this but I also wouldn't mind having the extra two weeks to plan the ceremony and get everyone invited. Any thoughts on whether or not I can (or should) wait until I get back or if I need to make some really quick travel arrangements?

das

Contributor
1. You can always just ask your recruiter these kinds of questions...

2. No, it doesn't matter if it's a couple of weeks until you get back. You get to chose when you commission, within reason.

navgovie

IW Officer
Good news: I just heard from my OR that my final select/COMDOCs have arrived!!!

Bad news: I am currently out of town working. Do the COMDOCS have an 'expiration date'? I won't be in town to sign anything for about 2 weeks. Can they wait that long or do I need to find some way to get back home ASAP?

Don't get me wrong, I want to commission ASAP!!! I will move heaven and earth to get home to do this but I also wouldn't mind having the extra two weeks to plan the ceremony and get everyone invited. Any thoughts on whether or not I can (or should) wait until I get back or if I need to make some really quick travel arrangements?

Hey congrats!

For myself, it was over a month and a half from the time my COMDOCS were received by the recruiter, and when I was able to sign them. I dont recommend waiting THIS long, but it did give me plenty of time to set up a ceremony, etc. In other words, two weeks should be fine (though you never know in this current fiscal climate!)

NG

Thirteen

There actually is a "Null and Void Date" on my Officer Appointment Acceptance and Oath of Office Form, but it was 90 days after Grade Date. I could be wrong, but I remember being told that if not accepted and sworn in by then, my commission was void.

In any case, you're fine. More importantly, congratulations!

RotoGenisis

Congrats! Even though I don't have experience to draw from, it's great to read this material and learn from those who have gone through the process. Again, congrats!