• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final College Choices

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
I have been accepted to Eastern Michigan University, I havent heard of anyone else even applying there.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I would have applied to EMU, but the wife didn't want to live on the east side of the state. We are from Grand Haven, MI. We agreed on Chicago same distance, less boarded up buildings.

haubby

None
Contributor
I would have applied to EMU, but the wife didn't want to live on the east side of the state. We are from Grand Haven, MI. We agreed on Chicago same distance, less boarded up buildings.

Rent is outrageous in Chicago. I was accepted to UIC and thought about it. I'm from Moline, IL so it was only 2 1/2 hours from home but decided to live in the corn fields instead.

erelislt

My Physical is done but I have exophoria (12pd). I am not sure how much it will affect my screening. Does anyone know? I am not going for Pilot program. I am selected for CORE and planning to persue Supply.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
My Physical is done but I have exophoria (12pd). I am not sure how much it will affect my screening. Does anyone know? I am not going for Pilot program. I am selected for CORE and planning to persue Supply.

CORE means that you have to select for Unrestricted Line Officer. If your condition doesn't affect that selection then you should be ok.

SubtoSky

Officer NOooo...
None
Core

Thanks. Do you know where I can find more information regarding CORE?

CORE means you choose between:

Pilot
NFO
Sub Nuke
Surface Nuke
SWO

I think thats it, but I'm not really sure about the EOD/SEALs fall into the mix. Those 5 were my only choices.

Cheers

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor

That's weird my buddy just selected (he was core from fy04 I think...commissioning at U of Washington) he said they made him put down like two or three URL and one RL on his sheet. He got aviation but he thought it was weird at the time to put down a RL. I dunno if his school was out of the loop or if thats the way it normally goes for core guys.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
That's weird my buddy just selected (he was core from fy04 I think...commissioning at U of Washington) he said they made him put down like two or three URL and one RL on his sheet. He got aviation but he thought it was weird at the time to put down a RL. I dunno if his school was out of the loop or if thats the way it normally goes for core guys.

Yes they also make you put down one RL. I don't know why they make you do that, because the instruction says CORE will commission into the URL designation. I guess the one RL choice fits into the, "annual community goals."

"The Core Program allows participants the most flexibility in selecting a major and requesting schools to attend. STA-21 students in the Core Program will be assigned an Unrestricted Line (URL) navy officer designator upon commissioning. (Students will request which officer community they desire during their final year of academic study, but assignment is controlled by NSTC in accordance with annual community goals set by BUPERS)."

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I would guess they make you put down an RL choice in case you are NPQ for URL.

Maybe, but it does say that if you are disqualified at any point you are to return to the fleet and serve the remainder of your time as an enlisted man. I guess if they commissioned you and then you turned out to be NPQ they would have to do something with you.