• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fex Iv

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
For those who have done it, what's the scoop for FEX IV? I've heard some conflicting word on this FEX, some say it is not that bad, some say it is very bad. Any gouge on what to expect? I'm just curious.

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
Expect anything. In my company Alpha '07, it varied widely as too how much it sucked. My platoon spent the last 36 in the defense, not too bad, lots of cat naps and chow, while another platoon was constantly humping, covering some ridiculous amount of ground while we sat on our butts. It's totally unpredictable, which in my mind made it a lot more fun, since no one knew exactly what was going on.

Though now I hear Eco will be doing an Amphib assault in place of FEX IV, if thats the case, I have no clue what will go down.

pjxc415

pilot
while mustang was sitting in the defense for the last 36 my plt was humping all over the quantico highlands prepping to attack him. the last night out there we stepped off at about 2200 from our hasty defense and arrived at our lz at 0400. slept for about 45 minutes and then prepped for the last assault of the fex. there was a hump every night but that one was the worst by far - especially when you ended up standing in dense brush for 45 min behind two other plts in a ranger file.

anyways - a lot of it is fun. my plt got to assault combat town. just make sure that if you have an at4 you orient it in the right direction - a guy in my platoon took down two fellow lts standing behind him (miles gear, not actual, for those who are wondering). my advice is to seek out a billet, itll be more fun and you actually know what the hell is going on.

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the advice. We are the last company (Delta) that will be doing FEX IV. After us, it will be replaced by AmFEX. I can't believe our timing. Instead of FEX IV, Echo company will be down in Norfolk, playing around on AAVs and working on their suntans.

KBayDog

We are the last company (Delta) that will be doing FEX IV. After us, it will be replaced by AmFEX.

Think about it, Mike - you can wow your peers with stories of the "Old Corps"...you know, back when FEX IV still existed.

(Of course, your SCCC peers have it one better. Not only are they the last class to have FEX IV, but they are also the last class to have a real "system." :D )

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
I don't think it will be a huge red ass, maybe a shade of red, but it won't be that bad. I'd much rather do that than go out into the treeline to kill notional bad guys once again!

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
Think about it, Mike - you can wow your peers with stories of the "Old Corps"...you know, back when FEX IV still existed.

(Of course, your SCCC peers have it one better. Not only are they the last class to have FEX IV, but they are also the last class to have a real "system." :D )

Good point, but I'm not real big into boasting "Old Corps" stories. It was always worse or harder "way back when".

KBayDog

Good point, but I'm not real big into boasting "Old Corps" stories. It was always worse or harder "way back when".

That reminds me of the night of 10 Nov 1775, when the first Marine recruit turned to the second Marine recruit and started telling him about the "Old Corps."

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
I don't doubt that for a second! Hey [KBayDog], I'm going to send you a video clip from the local Charleston news starring your old fencing coach! Watch your email.

KBayDog

Thanks man - it is nice to see that I didn't beat him up too badly. Did he tell you about the time I beat him in a tourney at USC? We wound up in the same bracket, and squared off in the quarter finals. I beat him by one point.

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
Yes he told me about that. He has a lot of respect for you. He told me that you were his best student EVER. It kind of made me think of Star Wars for some reason, you know Yoda and Luke? May the force be with you.

FlyMikeFly

pilot
Contributor
Before I left Chucktown, I had dinner with Kem and his wife. He was a RIOT! Especially after downing a few Bloody Marys.