• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feeling out the Goshawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
BigWorm said:
As long as squids are squabbling over “who’s the best pilot...” Only the best are selected for the Harrier. Who cares about the groove – much better to fly an aircraft that doesn’t reek of rotten squid!

Harrier - aka "Lawn Dart"

just remember boys, when a Harrier is coming in to land, rush outside and watch it cause witnesses can't be on the accident board

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Make your jokes, their even more funny coming from a kid that hid lead weights in his underwear to make the 115 pound minimum for the ejection seat!

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
BigWorm said:
Make your jokes, their even more funny coming from a kid that hid lead weights in his underwear to make the 115 pound minimum for the ejection seat!

pssh, I hide my weights around my waist now in neat little pockets tucked under the skin, thank you very much

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Yo, anyone got a recent copy of the T-45 digital NATOPS. I heard some guys get it on a CD or something. My email is too slow to handle something that big, but if there is someone in the P'cola/Whiting area that has one I would love to burn a copy. I am going to Kingsville in about 10 days so I am sure someone has one there. Seems like it would make things a little easier to have a digital copy when searching for the minutia.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Patmack18 said:
Whens the last time you saw the boat at night? ;)
On the tactical display in IR when I flew over it at FL200 on the way home to my hotel room and to spend aforementioned per diem...

Eagle32

I'm taking you to the looneybin.
webmaster said:
On the tactical display in IR when I flew over it at FL200 on the way home to my hotel room and to spend aforementioned per diem...

Yeah, for me, it was last night at FL230 on the PCHRD IR also. Tax free and per diem, oh, and the Ritz Carlton here is pretty nice too.

mdubs

pilot
Hey shoo, how similar is the 45 to the t-6. Do they have the moving map GPS like we do? The cockpit setup looks similar in the pics, same crosscheck?

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
GPS, we don't need no stinkin GPS

I'm sorry, does the T-34C have more up-to-date avionics then the A model, why yes it does

petescheu

P-Mak
Yeah from talking to my friends at Meridian that came outa Moody they agree that the C is a step down from the Texan, and that the GPS is more ghetto. We had the capability to outline pretty much all our MOAS in just one preprogrammed flight plan (and we could hold 30 FPs from what i can remember, can't remember how many waypoints that was, but it was def a lot, we had 7-8 MOAS there). I've gotten a few rides in the new Charlies that we have here and from just what I've seen initially I'd agree with them, although you can't beat that HUD cam in the back seat, that is nice. All I have to say is that I miss digital...

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
That's crazy, the 172's I was flying in college had more capable GPS than a simple dot on the screen. Then again, GPS was always a crutch.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
"Feeling out the Goshawk"? vector, smector ..... GOSHAWK THIS !!!

ta4.jpg
t45_2.jpg
TAKE YOUR PICK !!!

Jedj

its interesting to talk GPS, im sure there are many a cessna that have quite a bit better a GPS system than the super hornet, however, priorities change. flying from point A to point B isnt a very big issue compared to flying form, running a radar, sorting your contract, and employing timely weapons while keeping sight of multiple aircraft and making a merge happen.....all at the same time. but thats what makes tacair so much fun. my guess is that A4sforever would agree with me........just my 3 cents.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Well that moving map display in the Rhino is pretty friggin cool...

Though at this point, anything beats out the Fisher Price crap in the T-39 or the T-2

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
UInavy said:
Its good. Moving map and such. The INS w/o GPS works good as well.
The Navy's A/C have historically lagged with GPS. Only within the last 5 years or so has the one in the Prowler been up to speed, but the newer INS systems are so good that the GPS becomes a backup to update off of. The relatively new dual EGI systems in the Prowler are amazing. You could take off without turning anything on, do an inflight allignment and have a dead on system within a few minutes. Thank God for the fifty-pound heads.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.