• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 2012 SNA OCS Board

egd33

pilot
Contributor
I went to Cornell, my bad. Not too many people around me have heard of it, so I felt like I needed to qualify my shitty GPA haha.

What is this, an alumni reunion (IIRC Sonog went to Cornell too)? haha

What class were you? I just graduated in May with my BS in ILR and got picked up for SNA in the August boards. Good luck!

CBR11

What class were you? I just graduated in May with my BS in ILR and got picked up for SNA in the August boards. Good luck!
I was actually following your progress in the August '11 thread, nice job on the pro rec. I was CALS '11 so we most likely have some mutual friends. It does seem like the Big Red is well represented haha.

mjv305

ENS SNA
I was non select for august board.. If there is a board in Jan, it will be less than 6 months and i am able put in a resubmit package. Why are some of you ineligble for the Jan board if you were a non select in Aug? Get a new LOR, interview or ASTB score and resubmit, then resubmit again in April. Well, i enrolled in masters courses, started pilot lessons, studying like a mad man for another shot at the ASTB, getting 2 more interviews and working on some LORS. I also will volunteer my a§§ off. Hopefully its good enough..Its my last shot here so im giving it all i got. Turn 29 in July and by the way they move with the fleet applicants, i could be in OCS by March if there is a board in Jan...

Okie3

OCS NAMI CASUALTY=INTEL..I'll take it.
I was non select for august board.. If there is a board in Jan, it will be less than 6 months and i am able put in a resubmit package. Why are some of you ineligble for the Jan board if you were a non select in Aug? Get a new LOR, interview or ASTB score and resubmit, then resubmit again in April. Well, i enrolled in masters courses, started pilot lessons, studying like a mad man for another shot at the ASTB, getting 2 more interviews and working on some LORS. I also will volunteer my a§§ off. Hopefully its good enough..Its my last shot here so im giving it all i got. Turn 29 in July and by the way they move with the fleet applicants, i could be in OCS by March if there is a board in Jan...

Yeah my package has changed some since the last board too, but my OR didn't ever mention anything about the Jan. board....I plan on taking ASTB again in Nov. probably and interviews too. All he talked about was April.

mjv305

ENS SNA
Get your game faces on boys and girls. I just got off the phone with someone at the OCS help desk inquiring about the Jan 23 board. He told me the date is set for it and to get my resubmit package in a month prior. Of course boards get cancelled at any moment, but this is some good news as its confirmed by a solid source. As i thought the last board was my last shot, it seems like i may have one more shot...

Okie3

Get your game faces on boys and girls. I just got off the phone with someone at the OCS help desk inquiring about the Jan 23 board. He told me the date is set for it and to get my resubmit package in a month prior. Of course boards get cancelled at any moment, but this is some good news as its confirmed by a solid source. As i thought the last board was my last shot, it seems like i may have one more shot...

Its amazing how people get different info depending on who you deal with and where you're at.... I heard get my stuff in to the office by mid-Febuary for April boards. Do the NRDs and recruiting offices shut down around Christmas. Just in case I can get into the January board I don't want to get left out with nobody to get my paperwork to.

Started studying for the ASTB again...the actual flying/aircraft stuff seemed easy last time and the naval history stuff was ok....the math wasn't hard BUT that time limit had me buzzing through it. Got everything answered, but my scratch paper looked like a Piccasso painting with numbers everywhere. Feel like theres no good way to prepare for that part of it. Hopefully scores will improve.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Information flow from BIG NAVY through the individual NRDs is lacking, to say the very least. Just get your application in ASAP and have it ready for the next board (be it January, April or whenever). I think the entire Armed Services crawls to a standstill around the holiday season - there are hardly any December boards.

As to studying for your next test, find out which test you took during your first go round. Then look at the ASTB threads to find topics pertaining to the other tests (I think there are only 3). It'll be it a bit easier the next go round and you'll have an idea to what the questions COULD be. Just play the test. It's all a big game.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
My degree will be completely finished in December also, but the finalized college paperwork is out in middle of January. So it might be better if I go for April. If I had my way I'd get in both boards if I had to though. Airwarriors is turning into my new facebook, except you actually get some worthwile info on here.

Just put your graduation date and send the most up to date transcript. My transcript did not say I had graduated or show my grades from my final semester (I was on exchange in Australia and the semester timelines are very different so while I technically graduated in May I did not finish there until late June and my graduation did not post until late August..but it was dated May when it did post), but I had no trouble with this and was selected in the August boards. I am sure this is probably a somewhat common occurrence (my recruiter acted said he had dealt with it before and shrugged it off as nothing to worry about).

CBR11

Let's hypothetically say that the Jan. 23 date is accurate--when would the deadline be for the complete package?

My grad school grades wont be released until ~Dec. 20, so I'm not sure they will make it. Could I send these after my package has been officially submitted?

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Deadline is always one month in advance so Dec 23. Can you get an electronic transcript from your gradschool? That would be the fastest if it is an option.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Sonog

pilot

That's what they're going to say at the next board. What's with all of these Cornell dudes, didn't we just pro rec one? We've got enough Ivy leaguers in the pipeline... NON-SELECT

Okie3

That's what they're going to say at the next board. What's with all of these Cornell dudes, didn't we just pro rec one? We've got enough Ivy leaguers in the pipeline... NON-SELECT

haha yeah hopefully!!! naw just kiddin Cornell dudes good luck too....it would help out some of us regional college guys. My mom said when I first went to college you sure you don't want to try engineering they make all the money and you had the grades in high school...nope went the coaching route and kept with sports because im a gym rat...now i'm kicking myself for it with all the engineering majors with 9s across the boards, but it makes me different and hopefully i'll be able to compete once I'm in.

CBR11

I hope all those 9s from the August board were picked up. Reading that shit made me feel inadequate.

staff03

I had an officer interview today and thought I would put in my .02 about what to expect for those thinking about getting one. Mine was from the XO of my alma mater's NROTC program. I will be applying for SNA/NFO and I know my naval aviation pretty well, which I was quizzed on, but I am definitely lacking in my knowledge of surface/subs. This sounds kind of silly, but KNOW your ships, ex. name of carriers, class of carriers, names and class of subs, etc. KNOW that the core values of the Navy are honor, courage, and commitment. I went in not knowing everything I possibly could about the Navy and got reamed for it. Don't just know your designator, know as much as you can about all of them. That being said, I was wondering if a poor officer interview is as good as a nail in the coffin to your application? I feel like I just blew 6 years of effort on one interview, any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
I hope all those 9s from the August board were picked up. Reading that shit made me feel inadequate.

I feel the same way! I've been toying with studying for the ASTB again as well. I got a 6/6/7 57 without studying much at all so I think I could improve it but I don't want lower my score either!