• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 2012 SNA OCS Board

con_manx2

Might as well add to the rumor mill... I just talked to my OR today and he said a January board for pilot is likely, but obviously not confirmed, for some time at the end of January.

mjv305

ENS SNA
hey.. I am weighing a few options right now.. as i turn 29 on the 12 july, moves need to be made. If they have a board in Feb, figure results get out by late Feb, early March, I would need to start OCS by April 12th. Very tight time frame there, maybe even too tight. I hope so though. Before I go forth and conquer to make a reconsideration package, I would need a date in stone.

Lucy

Dates don't get set in stone. April board was cancelled about a week before apps were due, and the August board was only confirmed for sure after apps were due. It is either worth the effort no matter what, or it is not.

Sonog

pilot
Almost everything that you can do to improve your package, except for ASTB and LORs, can be used to improve your resume for civilian jobs if boards never meet or if you never get selected, so I found it best to keep as busy as possible to improve myself for possible selection or to set up a good civilian career if it never happens.

Flying jets is a dream of mine, hell I feel like its a dream for 25% of the male population, but how many of those people never even attempt to pursue it and grow old wishing they had? At least if you never get selected you can grow old knowing that you gave it your all and only if you were born a couple of years earlier, .or even in a different era you probably would've made it, but the truth is our military doesn't need (or can't afford) that many people to get the job done these days.

JEP

Almost everything that you can do to improve your package, except for ASTB and LORs, can be used to improve your resume for civilian jobs if boards never meet or if you never get selected, so I found it best to keep as busy as possible to improve myself for possible selection or to set up a good civilian career if it never happens.

Flying jets is a dream of mine, hell I feel like its a dream for 25% of the male population, but how many of those people never even attempt to pursue it and grow old wishing they had? At least if you never get selected you can grow old knowing that you gave it your all and only if you were born a couple of years earlier, .or even in a different era you probably would've made it, but the truth is our military doesn't need (or can't afford) that many people to get the job done these days.
Songo you really need to cut out the negative bullshit.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Songo you really need to cut out the negative bullshit.

In my humble opinion, that's not "negative bullshit"! That is most certainly a realistic statement in today's economic environment. It's fine to plan & dream, but always have a backup plan.:)
BzB

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Do you have posters of jets covering your bedroom walls?

Lol I actually had an F-16 picture (mostly because I was a F-16 crewchief) in my dorm room and another one with a pilot flying upside down. Yea I was a cool dude.. Then i moved back home to my bedroom with princesses and fairy's on the wall..

My niece took over my bedroom at home.. I've since ripped them down and put up a flight picture from basic training.. Mucho Better.

Pilotman87

Anyone have any knew info about the alternate thing? My OR was looking into the whole secondary alternate thing to figure out what that really meant in the long run and how it would affect applying to another board, if at all. I have to call him tomorrow about MEPS stuff anyway, but will ask more now. I try not to bug him, but I feel like there is more to this story than we (or my OR) really know...

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Anyone have any knew info about the alternate thing? My OR was looking into the whole secondary alternate thing to figure out what that really meant in the long run and how it would affect applying to another board, if at all. I have to call him tomorrow about MEPS stuff anyway, but will ask more now. I try not to bug him, but I feel like there is more to this story than we (or my OR) really know...
http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/august-2011-board.37217/page-43

read that whole page.. You will find what you're looking for on there.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
I know I could post this in another thread as well but just curious...... Everyone talks about getting flight hours but I won't be able to get any hours in by submission. I will be able to start ground school though. Will this have any value in my package?