• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

MidWestEwo

None
No worries dude, if you're in good physical condition you'll recover faster than you think. Just relax and stay hydrated.

Problem is that I haven't run for months. All I have been doing is swimming, and this week is one less week for me to get ready for my PFA test for a possible final select. I would feel like a shmuck if I had to tell my recruiter that I need to train for my PFA after a pro-rec!

My OR says that the "at board" list for this month was not published and that it won't be. Anybody heard of this?

UTVol

Pro-Rec SNA
I have been trying to get a hold of my recruiter to find out when the list was supposed to come out. He has not called me back yet and I have not heard anything about it not coming out. Any particular reason they would decide not to publish it?

my recruiter called me yesterday and said he wasn't sure anymore if my app was gonna make it for the Feb board...AAAHHHHH Little bit bitter since it was submitted the last week in december. Hopefully it can get pushed through and will be reviewed.

swerdna

None
Contributor
^---- I never go to sailorbob..I just suggested it since it was geared towards SWOs. I should start going though to remind myself why I'm glad I get a chance to be a Navy pilot. :icon_tong

sailorbob is geared more towards active duty SWOs. There is a lot of great information there regarding SWO activities (like the PR grounding). Not so much for OCS applications.

AW does have the best layout though.

MidWestEwo

None
Just did a full PRT test by myself with my first time running in months and scored a good-medium! Now I just need that pro-rec...

SoOthersMayLive

pilot
So I'm active duty and got a call a little while ago from an OR that has been helping me out (since he is cool enough to do so) and he told me that my stuff was seen at the Jan boards and that I was a non select for SNA and NFO because I had a 2.14 GPA.... The only problem is that I have a 3.65 GPA! Someone in Millington put the wrong GPA down and screwed me. This is why I hate someone else holding my future in their hands. I can't stand incompotence.:icon_rage

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
So I'm active duty and got a call a little while ago from an OR that has been helping me out (since he is cool enough to do so) and he told me that my stuff was seen at the Jan boards and that I was a non select for SNA and NFO because I had a 2.14 GPA.... The only problem is that I have a 3.65 GPA! Someone in Millington put the wrong GPA down and screwed me. This is why I hate someone else holding my future in their hands. I can't stand incompotence.:icon_rage

So are you going to be on the February boards or do you have to wait until you improve your horrendous GPA?;):D

SoOthersMayLive

pilot
That all depends on if I can get the right person on the phone tomorrow and get it fixed. The OR that I talked to said that it is possible that they will see me this month if I get it all resolved tomorrow and they feel bad for screwing me over. Personally, I am expecting another 2 month wait before I get seen again because that seems to be how this entire process has gone....(insert a sigh of profound apathetic dispair) Hopefully they will throw me in the mix for Feb. without bumping someone that has been anxiously waiting their turn off.

SoOthersMayLive

pilot
I just called the guy in TN and explained the situation to him and then stayed on the phone as he added up every A, B, and C that I have ever gotten and then divided and found my actual cumulative GPA. His exact words were "My bust". I want to be angry so badly but I can't bring myself to get past this immense feeling of relief that it has been resolved and that I have a fighting chance again. Everything is a freaking trial in this process...... but I suppose that nothing worth having is easy. Good luck to everyone next week.

Flyer09

Final Select NFO
Congrats on getting your GPA situation sorted out! Waiting is the hardest part and it sucks when you should have recieved some sort of nob but didn't because of an error. Just hang in there and in the end things will work out!

UTVol

Pro-Rec SNA
I just spoke with my recruiter and he said that he had made a call and verified that my package was at board. So, I hope that this is solid confirmation that I will be looked at for the February board.

Second, I am trying to get a flight physical before I go to OCS. I would prefer to know that I can pass it before I get to OCS and have to redesignate. My eyes are good enough to pass technically speaking but they are right on the limits so I wanted to get an actual flight physical to say that I am physically qualified. My recruiter flat out said that I could not do it until OCS when I asked him about it. I have heard of others getting it done ahead of time and would like to know if there is another way to obtain the flight physical myself. Thanks.

My recruiter called me yesterday now saying that my Application has been there since Jan and he is working to make sure it gets in this month (I'm hoping). UTVOl did those people get military flight physicals or just civilian ones? I have a civilian 2nd class for my private pilot's license and you can get those from flight surgeons but it's not anywhere as extensive as a military one. Anyhow food for thought. Luckily I had that because MEPS the lady told me to do the wrong things for my eye test and instead of having 20/10 I had 20/25