• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
hey im applying for the march boards, but i was wondering how people got their SAT scores for the package.

Perhaps if going for BDCP or you don't have much college under your belt to get a good look at you. I went just straight OCS and left that entire area blank and I got pro-rec'd so take that for what you will.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
hey im applying for the march boards, but i was wondering how people got their SAT scores for the package.

My high school transcript had them on it, but you can go online to collegeboard or whoever it is that issues the tests and pay a small fee for them to look it up (if it's been a few years) or they'll send it to you for free if it was recent.

I am BDCP so they needed them (supposedly) for my application, but direct OCS probably doesn't as you already have the degree in hand.

Srp7286

i know you need a BA or BS to be qualified to go to OCS, but is there you can get a spot for OCS knowing that your graduating soon?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
i know you need a BA or BS to be qualified to go to OCS, but is there you can get a spot for OCS knowing that your graduating soon?

Well I know you can apply for straight OCS if you have like a year remaining of school. I started the application in March 2008 when I still had school left. All I needed was an academic degree plan signed by my advisor showing I would be graduating in the timeline I stated.

Also, if you want to get into the March boards...make sure you have everything in by Feb 15th, I know it's officially "before the end of the month prior to the board"...but lots of people roll over to the next month from prior boards..and I had mine in by Dec 15th for January..there were people who submitted like a couple days after the 15th who missed January and will be on the February board selection. Waiting for your LOR's to come in seem to trip people up and you are put in an awkward situation because you don't want to rush people who are doing a favor for you.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Hey guys, up for Feb. round two. non-select in July(astb 50 6/7/6 and 3.16 GPA)

BDCP SNA
ASTB 65 8/7/7
3.32 Business Finance
4.0 last semester
lots of sports and clubs
200+ hours SEL instrument pilot
Recs: Lt. Col. marine(pilot), Major AF(pilot ret.), Professor(ret. 1st Lt. AF), HS faculty and friend(captain Army ret.), 2 Ensign friends in advanced jets., Close friend Lawyer.

Go Mocs. thanks Stephen Curry for hitting 3/4 court shots
^comedy, really go Heels.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Hey guys, up for Feb. round two. non-select in July(astb 50 6/7/6 and 3.16 GPA)

BDCP SNA
ASTB 65 8/7/7
3.32 Business Finance
4.0 last semester
lots of sports and clubs
200+ hours SEL instrument pilot
Recs: Lt. Col. marine(pilot), Major AF(pilot ret.), Professor(ret. 1st Lt. AF), HS faculty and friend(captain Army ret.), 2 Ensign friends in advanced jets., Close friend Lawyer.

Go Mocs. thanks Stephen Curry for hitting 3/4 court shots
^comedy, really go Heels.

Good stuff, way to work your ass off and pump up those scores and GPA. What did you do differently on/for the ASTB the second time around?

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Nothing particulary. I was kinda nervous about not making a good improvement. I took it the first time two years ago as a freshman, so i think I have just gained knowledge in processing and how to better prepare myself. I used arco gouge for the OAR part and gouge i found online for the pilot stuff(marine atsb gouge i think its on here). I think mainly knowing what to expect made the biggest difference. I know what physics concepts to pay attention and what to look for in the reading.

lyricsavvy

SWO, ENG-R- KILL!
Has anyone heard if the lists are out for Feb. (esp. INTEL FY10 boards)? As I understand it, there will be two INTEL boards for FY10 in a row--one in Feb. and one in March.
Good luck to all who are vying for pro-rec in any and all boards this month!!

TheSparo

el jefe
Hey all, been lurking here to scavenge info and wanted to say I'm up for the Feb. board

Up for:
BDCP NFO
59 7/7/7
Grad in August
2.7gpa Mechanical Engineering (not the best I know)
Already gone through MEPS and Sec. paperwork (i've heard this is odd not being selected yet???)

wish me luck!

Already gone through MEPS and Sec. paperwork (i've heard this is odd not being selected yet???)
[/quote]

I had meps and all my paperwork completed in November, I think for the most part people knock it out prior to the board but you have to have your paperwork done I believe. Anyhow goodluck. Anyone know the date of the board by anychance?

euclid83

FS SNA
I had meps and all my paperwork completed in November, I think for the most part people knock it out prior to the board but you have to have your paperwork done I believe.

Im not so sure this is true. I've tried talking my recruiter into sending me to MEPS as well as taking my PRT, but he has declined saying that the navy doesnt want to spend money on the physical when I havent been pro-rec'd. From what I've gathered from previous posts most people do have their physical and PRT knocked out before hand, but it is not absolutely required to be submitted with your package.

MidWestEwo

None
Im not so sure this is true. I've tried talking my recruiter into sending me to MEPS as well as taking my PRT, but he has declined saying that the navy doesnt want to spend money on the physical when I havent been pro-rec'd. From what I've gathered from previous posts most people do have their physical and PRT knocked out before hand, but it is not absolutely required to be submitted with your package.

I haven't done MEPS or the PRT yet. My recruiter likes to do that after a pro-rec. He said it has no effect on selection. He said something about if I were obviously out of shape, he would require the PRT first.