• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

goldmanUSN

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now at less than two weeks for the review board to be sat. Be ready for some long days and plenty of anxiety between then!

Niko

Since the board is fast approaching, and we do not have control over our destinies, at the moment, I've been taking my frustrations out by swimming, working out and reading. I wake up at 0500, swim for about an hour, get some breakfast, head in to work (currently in different branch of armed services), run or lift during the lunch time, eat something quickly, head back to work, get asked but the COL, and the XO several times if I am a sailor yet, start thinking about the selection process, start feeling impatient again. To alleviate the stress I bury myself in work and sit-ups. We are almost there! No matter the outcome, it is an interesting process, and if you are doing anything to get physically ready for OCS, you are stronger, and better for it. . . Now I am heading back to work, bracing for more questions from EVERYONE in the command team, which is a good thing, they want me to succeed, but I just need to get sidetracked, and bury myself deeper in work and PT, it makes time go by faster. . .

VWXThrasher378

Could the results really be out that fast?

Yeah, the board evaluates all SWO applications in one day. The results are made available the following day. Usually the Pro-Rec Ys are updated in the system first. The rest are updated whenever they find the time. This is a good gauge in figuring out what the decision was. If your recruiters is "searching for results", it usually means a Pro-Rec N, or you weren't included in the board (which is actually pretty commonplace, apparently).

Last edited:

TENNESSEE13

So looking through some older threads I found that last years spring time board got pushed to August. The reason given in the thread was there were still people back logged to go to OCS from 2015 selections. This year that doesn't seem to be the case. Most of the people selected for this board will likely be 2017 selects, but there doesn't seem to be a really long line. So hopefully that means this board will have a 50% or better selection rate. I recommend reading the threads from the previous SWO boards. It can be very insightful. Just don't put too much stock in any one statement.