• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

ericw

Thank you for forwarding all 3 posts. It seems like forever since the last SWO Board. Good luck to all!!!

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
its safe to say that the board will be April 11
Confirmed. It will be April 11th. The cutoff was this past Friday, March 11th. Anything submitted from this day on will go to the next SWO board in mid-summer or later. Also, don't be surprised if recruiters hold on until after October 1st. The nation as a whole is way WAY past their goal of SWO applications. Highly recommend you put another designator first and SWO second if you really want to be seen prior to 10/1.

goldmanharry91

Confirmed. It will be April 11th. The cutoff was this past Friday, March 11th. Anything submitted from this day on will go to the next SWO board in mid-summer or later. Also, don't be surprised if recruiters hold on until after October 1st. The nation as a whole is way WAY past their goal of SWO applications. Highly recommend you put another designator first and SWO second if you really want to be seen prior to 10/1.

When you say that SWO is way past the national goal for the year, does that mean less candidates will be selected and/or all SWO selectees will have a long waiting period between Pro-Rec Y and shipping to OCS? I'm just interested in your insight.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
When you say that SWO is way past the national goal for the year, does that mean less candidates will be selected and/or all SWO selectees will have a long waiting period between Pro-Rec Y and shipping to OCS? I'm just interested in your insight.
It's hard to say because we don't have insight into the inner workings of it all. However, we can safely assume they are selecting for FY17 at this point. The first OCS class for FY17 begins on July 31st and graduates in October...the first month of FY17. A select could certainly go prior to then, it's just all about who is already in the mix, age-critical selects, other designators and their seats at OCS, etc. If I were a candidate and not age critical, I wouldn't be holding my breath on shipping. I'd request to go early but don't count on it. I hope this helps.

goldmanharry91

I was just wondering. I'm hoping to be selected out of this board and just got picked up for a job so I'm not super worried to go earlier or later. Was just wondering what the lurking recruiters had to say on the matter. Thanks for the input!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

To answer your question yes the world is coming to end. Seen Independence Day? That's how this is all gonna go down.

exNavyOffRec

Like Chop said I would also believe most of April selects would be FY17, if you figure the results out end of the week of the 11th, the start getting out FS letters say 2 months out that puts that first class at FY 17.

If they way over-selected I have seen very long wait times for OCS as well as boards cancelled and/or low selection rates.

goldmanharry91

Like Chop said I would also believe most of April selects would be FY17, if you figure the results out end of the week of the 11th, the start getting out FS letters say 2 months out that puts that first class at FY 17.

If they way over-selected I have seen very long wait times for OCS as well as boards cancelled and/or low selection rates.

I remember the cancelled the midsummer board last year. I don't really care if I have to wait a little longer but I just want to go to this board. I'm more confident this time with the improvements in my packet and the increase in my OAR score.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I remember the cancelled the midsummer board last year. I don't really care if I have to wait a little longer but I just want to go to this board. I'm more confident this time with the improvements in my packet and the increase in my OAR score.

No SWO boards have been cancelled the past few years. Once again, it's a rolling board so it doesn't make sense to plan and then cancel a board.

goldmanharry91

Well there was speculation that there was going to be a board in June and then it just didn't happen. I was probably incorrect to use the word "cancelled" but from my viewpoint thats what it looked like.

Niko

At this point we just need to be patient and wait for the results of the board. Honestly, at this point, I am everything but patient. I really want to be selected, and have passed on various opportunities in a different branch for this, and the waiting is slowly eating me up, but at this point it is all a waiting game...