• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

goldmanharry91

At this point we just need to be patient and wait for the results of the board. Honestly, at this point, I am everything but patient. I really want to be selected, and have passed on various opportunities in a different branch for this, and the waiting is slowly eating me up, but at this point it is all a waiting game...

preach brother. It's the ultimate waiting game.

goldmanUSN

I'll be in this upcoming board as well. I've been on this process since the first week of July, so I can understand the anticipation for all of you. What have you all been doing to become physically ready for OCS? I'm curious to see how everyone has been training.

I'm waiting for this board as well. Attempting to be patient! At this point, I'm not really sure what competitive would even look like! Just hoping for a high selection rate.

Yeah I'm hoping for a high selection rate also. Hopefully, with the Navy adding more ships to the fleet by 2020 and the circumstances in Asia, they will start recruiting more officers now to fill those slots, but who knows.

Hobblehob

I have been in the process since Aug 15 and have yet to go to a board. They have been stashing me I guess but my OR told me I will be in this one for sure. Man I hope so. I have been doing some digging and noticed that many SWOs get their OCS date about 4-5 months after the day they get their ProrecY. While I know that the date can change a lot its good to have a kind of timeline to expect. Anyways, here is to Yall and hoping the time moves quickly.

goldmanharry91

I'll be in this upcoming board as well. I've been on this process since the first week of July, so I can understand the anticipation for all of you. What have you all been doing to become physically ready for OCS? I'm curious to see how everyone has been training.

Since no one else responded to your question I will. I've been doing cycles of strength training since September 2015 which happens to be focused on Olympic Weightlifting. Before that I did CrossFit for a little while. I have a background in running and cycling so getting back my conditioning is a matter of time. I needed to get stronger in order to do my best to do my best in the PFT's. Nice name by the way.

goldmanharry91

Checking into this board also. The anticipation is killing me, I have been perusing this since January 2015. Does anyone else feel that they are not competitive?

I would say I feel confident but anxious. I feel like I've made significant improvement in some parts in my package but that it may not be enough. In particular, I'm referring to my OAR score. It's a 2 point increase over my previous score and over 50 but I just hope that it isn't what prevents me from being selected.

TMarsh

I have been taking a daily boot camp class and I am in a long distance running club, but that's about it. I thought about doing more weights but I haven't had time.

Niko

In my book endurance and agility are going to be vital, to prepare for it, I first bulked up, got heavier and started trimming down by doing high intensity interval training about twice a day. Swimming, running, and lifting is what I usually do, with the emphasis of functionality. Other than that, I am really not doing anything special. Guys feel free to share your experiences, and recruiters please chime in! So we have about three weeks left, man the closer we get the slower the time passes! I am keeping myself busy, but man oh man, I can't wait to hear back!

All of my friends (3) that have graduated have told me to make sure you can run your mile and a half under 12 min. They say the hardest thing is the first PT test because that week you get smoked a lot, so come prepared. They all put a really big emphasis on doing push-ups and sit up type exercises and if you can go somewhere and do mountain climbers, burpees, and bear crawls work on it. You get smoked a lot while you are there so if you can do anything that can make those smoke sessions (rpt) a lot easier you will have less of a problem and have more energy to study gouge and have a better experience.... Myself, I have to concentrate on more running, I'm a D1 football player (was) I max my push-ups and sit ups and am only getting around 12:20 -12:30 on my run

goldmanUSN

All of my friends (3) that have graduated have told me to make sure you can run your mile and a half under 12 min. They say the hardest thing is the first PT test because that week you get smoked a lot, so come prepared. They all put a really big emphasis on doing push-ups and sit up type exercises and if you can go somewhere and do mountain climbers, burpees, and bear crawls work on it. You get smoked a lot while you are there so if you can do anything that can make those smoke sessions (rpt) a lot easier you will have less of a problem and have more energy to study gouge and have a better experience.... Myself, I have to concentrate on more running, I'm a D1 football player (was) I max my push-ups and sit ups and am only getting around 12:20 -12:30 on my run

I feel you on needing to focus more on the running part. I've always been more of a stocky guy and was recruited to play D1 football until I chose to no longer play, so the distance running has never been a strong suit of mine. Trying to get myself back into form has been a challenge since I work over 80 hours a week and just recently got a nasty stomach flu. So that was a bit of a set back. But on the bright side of things there's still plenty of time to make strides and I will be leaving my second job soon so that will open up a lot more time to train and prepare barring I accepting into this class.