• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb-March 2016 Rolling SWO Board Thread

exNavyOffRec

Just curious why you're going the SWO route and not

Where did you get the 34%? The last board was around 50-55% if I can recall. To add to what @NavyOffRec said, the answer is more difficult to explain. This April board will likely be taking both FY16 and 17 accessions so I wouldn't worry about the whole "end of FY" jitters.

I think someone as a joke said 34% and a few missed the joke, kind of like the standard answer give when a person goes "what are my chances?" answer 42%

TENNESSEE13

Just curious why you're going the SWO route and not

Where did you get the 34%? The last board was around 50-55% if I can recall. To add to what @NavyOffRec said, the answer is more difficult to explain. This April board will likely be taking both FY16 and 17 accessions so I wouldn't worry about the whole "end of FY" jitters.

I suppose I misinterpreted an older post. 50-55 is a much nicer selection rate. Hopefully it stays about the same. What was your question about me going SWO and not something else. My BA is in religion and not applicable to many officer communities as far as my understanding is. I am also pushing the age limit on most of the programs. I am also excited about the possibility of eventually getting to be the XO/CO of a ship.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I suppose I misinterpreted an older post. 50-55 is a much nicer selection rate. Hopefully it stays about the same. What was your question about me going SWO and not something else. My BA is in religion and not applicable to many officer communities as far as my understanding is. I am also pushing the age limit on most of the programs. I am also excited about the possibility of eventually getting to be the XO/CO of a ship.

Disregard, I confused you with another applicant who had a physics degree.

VWXThrasher378

Well of course...

196 to board. 67 selects. 34% selection rate. Last board was just over 50% selection rate. This drop was no surprise.

I believe this is where the 34% selection rate for the December board came from. I missed this board by a week, so I was really invested in tracking its progress.

With that being said, I echo everyone's optimism for a favorable selection rate this time around.

Disregard, I confused you with another applicant who had a physics degree.

I'm not sure if you were referring to me but I will answer your question if you were. I choose to apply for SWO because I feel that it most closely relates to my physics degree. In addition, there is Engineering Duty Officer(EDO) and postgraduate school opportunities. I intially applied for nuke officer. However, I was denied because my school was considered "tier 4". I also believe I was denied because of my gpa and I had some debt in collections. My vision is not good enough for pilot. My ASTB scores were not high enough for me to apply for NFO. If I am denied for SWO I will retake the ASTB and apply for NFO first and SWO second.

pi314pi

Checking in
Hope I got a good shot at it, otherwise I'll retake the ASTB for better aviation scores and try to shoot for the next NFO board.

goldmanharry91

It's been put out by several sources, including NRC themselves that the board is in fact meeting in April. But I guess that's none of my business...

maxresdefault.jpg

No, it's been put out from directly from NRC that the SWO board is meeting in April. Kits are due no later than March 11th.

@ericw I will refer you to the above quotes