• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2015 Supply Board

Hello all,
I’m planning on sending in a reconsideration kit to this board. To strengthen my kit for this next board I'm planning on starting a master’s program, I went from E4 to E5, I am getting three LOR's (O3, O5, and retired Air Force O9), hopefully a NAM from my command, adding two more interviews ( another O6 supply, and also from the same retired O9). My questions are do I change anything on my original package (like rank change, new PRT stats and prims, or previously applied) or do I just add my extra info into the letter plus include the extra LOR's and interviews.
Stats;
MT2 on submarines
OAR 53
GPA 2.59 (the main reason for wanting to take a master’s program)
Interviews: O4, O5, O5, O6, pending O6 and retired O9
LOR 3 mentioned above.
Evals: MPs and EPs
PRT: Excellent, Good, and Outstanding
Thanks
Add any updated info

exNavyOffRec

Hello all,
I’m planning on sending in a reconsideration kit to this board. To strengthen my kit for this next board I'm planning on starting a master’s program, I went from E4 to E5, I am getting three LOR's (O3, O5, and retired Air Force O9), hopefully a NAM from my command, adding two more interviews ( another O6 supply, and also from the same retired O9). My questions are do I change anything on my original package (like rank change, new PRT stats and prims, or previously applied) or do I just add my extra info into the letter plus include the extra LOR's and interviews.
Stats;
MT2 on submarines
OAR 53
GPA 2.59 (the main reason for wanting to take a master’s program)
Interviews: O4, O5, O5, O6, pending O6 and retired O9
LOR 3 mentioned above.
Evals: MPs and EPs
PRT: Excellent, Good, and Outstanding
Thanks

On the official pro Y/pro N results sheets the board will put "those not recommended may resubmit in 6 months unless there are significant changes to their application" in general significant change is ASTB increase, new grades, or new degree awarded. I would recommend you not submit until after you have completed a significant amount of a Master's program, until that point you are not giving the board anything to really make them consider you.

I called the OCS help and they said any major changes would allow me to resubmit within six months, I completed one college course for my master's degree and they allowed me to submit my package and i was selected... the worse they can tell you is no. So with the completion of a college course for your masters and an additional award it might help to re apply within 6 months and additional LORs could be something to reconsider...

exNavyOffRec

I called the OCS help and they said any major changes would allow me to resubmit within six months, I completed one college course for my master's degree and they allowed me to submit my package and i was selected... the worse they can tell you is no. So with the completion of a college course for your masters and an additional award it might help to re apply within 6 months and additional LORs could be something to reconsider...

a 2.59 will kill his chances without a significant amount of a master's done.

OCS boards don't care about NAM's, they are often given out like candy, one Captain (board member) told me he doesn't even read the awards as many write-ups are BS, if it is important it will be in the evals.

hmmm this is true on the GPA note.... I'm taking a more "the worst they can tell you is no" mind frame... as far as the re submission... but it makes total sense what you're saying.. my GPA was a 3.7 and I had solid evals.. I submitted the exact same package with one masters course completed and got picked up.. the only logic I could muster was either persistence paid off or they wanted to see graduate level education action... but either be persistent!

exNavyOffRec

hmmm this is true on the GPA note.... I'm taking a more "the worst they can tell you is no" mind frame... as far as the re submission... but it makes total sense what you're saying.. my GPA was a 3.7 and I had solid evals.. I submitted the exact same package with one masters course completed and got picked up.. the only logic I could muster was either persistence paid off or they wanted to see graduate level education action... but either be persistent!

boards don't care about persistence, they want the best qualified from the pool they have to pick from, if persistence was important I would have had many more selections than I did, and many CPO's and SCPO's would eventually make SCPO and MCPO.

Your GPA is outstanding, sometimes a person just gets edged out, odds are you would have been selected anyway as the boards members are smart enough to know that the odds of you completing the Master's before getting commissioned is slim. The class just gave you an "in" to submit faster.