• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feb 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

Beefalo

Are commands notified of selection before it posts to BUPERS? Meaning should I be checking BUPERS or wait for my CO to let me know?

USAF_WX2USN

Well, here's hoping for a happy call, text, e-mail from my recruiter early in the week.

As soon as someone knows please post!

MK91

I've been trying to avoid anything Navy since my application went in to calm my nerves a bit, but after a month of staying away, I fell off the wagon. I just have a quick question:

I've applied for the Intel board, but after reviewing the thread on here, everyone seems to have interviews from officers. My recruiter told me that wasn't something for Intel, how true is that? And does that immediately rule me out?

USAF_WX2USN

I've been trying to avoid anything Navy since my application went in to calm my nerves a bit, but after a month of staying away, I fell off the wagon. I just have a quick question:

I've applied for the Intel board, but after reviewing the thread on here, everyone seems to have interviews from officers. My recruiter told me that wasn't something for Intel, how true is that? And does that immediately rule me out?

My recruiter had me do interviews even though it wasn't required, since he thought it would help out my kit. I'm applying from another branch and work in a unique work center when I work with high ranking Naval officers, so he said it would help.

The only designators that require interviews are: CEC, PAO, Chaplian, etc. However I think fleet applicants need one too.

exNavyOffRec

It doesn't help unless they have known you for a while, what the boards look for as far as LOR's from civilian applicants is people that have seen this person in action.

MK91

OK- THANK YOU both! You seriously put my mind at ease a bit. I do know a few Navy Officers, but they are my sister (O-3) and her husband(O-4). Something told me they wouldn't take those seriously.

exNavyOffRec

OK- THANK YOU both! You seriously put my mind at ease a bit. I do know a few Navy Officers, but they are my sister (O-3) and her husband(O-4). Something told me they wouldn't take those seriously.
I saw on the other thread the scores you have, did you apply for aviation as well since you took the full ASTB?

MK91

I saw on the other thread the scores you have, did you apply for aviation as well since you took the full ASTB?
I did, I was very choosy about which communities I would go into the Navy for, and my Officer Recruiter made me pick 3. I applied to Intel, Pilot, and NFO.

exNavyOffRec

I did, I was very choosy about which communities I would go into the Navy for, and my Officer Recruiter made me pick 3. I applied to Intel, Pilot, and NFO.
Your best bet is probably Pilot or NFO, especially with your lower GPA but high ASTB