• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Favorite Top Gun quote(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Originally posted by Tracker
Best one in the whole damn movie:

"I want some Butts!" right afer they buzzed the tower.. damn guy with the coffee again.

"GODAMMIT THAT'S TWICE! I WANT SOME BUTTS!" I laughed my ass off.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I know I can't be the only person with the DVD and put on the hearing impaired subtitles. I have a friend who is a helo pilot and he told a lot of the language the use in the plane is correct. Anyway I have a bad habit of just watching the flying scenes and skipping the rest of it. Although I always find time to watch Charlie's first instruction with the class, you know when they were "communicating" still makes me roll.

Officer2B

this movie inspired my carreer

i've watched this movie since I was six. This movie is why I'm working towards being a pilot. Every Line is this movie is a favorite quote.

"You never close your eyes any more when I kiss...you liiiiiiiiiips"
I'm seriously going to do that when I get my wings.

"Who's up there?"
"Cougar and Merlin and Maverick and Goose"
"Great....Maverick and Goose"

"No apologies"

"Mav you still got that number to that truck driving school we saw on Tv? I may need that."

LoneSailor

Top 2 quotes used where I work:

"Talk to me goose."
------------
"Negative ghost rider."

When these are used, they are usually followed by a smartass comment.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Quote: "and I had no idea what "cognitive knowledge with a lady" was at the time?"

I always thought that was: "carnal knowledge...of a lady this time...on the premises."

"The list is long, but distinguished." "Yeah, so's my Johnson."

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Stinger: "Launch Willard and Simpkons off cats 3 and 4."

Other guy taking the order: "Both cats are broken right now,sir, it'll be about 10 minutes."

Stinger: "Bull Sh!t ten minutes! This thing will be over in two minutes. Get on it!"

VAmookie

If you say you love the movie, get it right

I love how people on this site (mostly real aviators) criticize everyone for thinking they know what theyre talking about but not actually knowing. Well aviators... you are right, people are full of what they think they know.

If Top Gun is your favorite movie, then there are some things you should get right.

-its Penny Benjimin (says so in the actual script dialogue) not Peggy, not Patty, not Pauline
-Slider says "goose youre such a dickhead" after goose makes the pilot comment, not blow me or whatever that dude said
-its carnal knowledge, not cognitive

The most clever part of the movie is definately the first scene where Charlie is giving instruction, particularly at the end when theyre all heading down the hall for pre-flight.

The two best lines are as follows
1. "Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash." -CAG
2. "And you a$$hole, youre lucky to be here" -CAG

And this thread is in the marine forum cause marines kick ass

lugginjugs

Not a good flight for SNA...but good enough.
"I want some butts...."

FrogFly said:
I hate how this thread is in the Marine section...

Ditto.
Top Gun was really cool when I saw it on the big screen (I was in 7th grade). I hit puberty and realized it was silly. I became a Marine and discovered it was just plain old gay - too many locker room scenes and Viper's lingering touch on Maverick's bare skin is enough to make me puke. I have yet to meet a Marine who thinks this is a warfighter's movie. Sure it has planes in it but so does Always - and Always has a great story line, fantastic scenery, and a healthy heterosexual relationship to boot. I am currently advocating a "Top Gun" waiver for any USMC Officer Candidate who has a favorite quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.